Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I dropped off applications to a beggar today!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Oh yes I did! Please tell me I am not the first smart pants to figure this out!

This man stands on a busy intersection near where I live. I see him there pretty much DAILY. His sign never changes. "Out of work, will accept anything".

So today I drove to the nearby stores: McDonalds, Friendly's, Five Guys, Cumberland Farms, Subway, Dunkin Donuts and a few other places and picked up applications. When I drove by, I pulled up, handed them to him and told him I would be back tomorrow to pick up the COMPLETED applications and drop them off for him if he needed. Then I drove off.

I hope he actually fills them out, God knows all the time he stands there begging he could be actually getting a job, since most these places are hiring and have been.

What have YOU given a beggar?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Replies (61-70):
mama3p
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM

uummmm...mostly food, sometimes money, "there but for the grace of god go I"....

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I give them money. I don't know their situation and I'm not going to judge them. Most of them have no ID or SS card to get a job let alone a PO box. I do to them what I'd wants someone to do for me if I was in their situation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Krystle1216
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Well in MY opinion homeless people put them selves in these positions! How does one become homeless... Maybe he lost a job.. Well why didn't he get unemployment?.. Maybe he was denied ok then why didn't he get another job? Because it easier to stand on the corner and get handed shit from those of us that do work hard or have jobs,then to actually work! I don't feel soo bad for homeless people because it's an effect of the decisions that one has made in their lives! There is no real excuse for me as to why someone is homeless and needs to beg! 

Quoting kattu:

Key words: COULD BE true, yet you still make assumptions.

Quoting Krystle1216:

I think thats pretty awesome!! Although I doubt he will be there tomorrow or even have completed the applications! Hes prob just looking for a handout not willing to work! Sad but could be true

kattu
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Once again, you are just making assumptions.

Quoting Krystle1216:

Well in MY opinion homeless people put them selves in these positions! How does one become homeless... Maybe he lost a job.. Well why didn't he get unemployment?.. Maybe he was denied ok then why didn't he get another job? Because it easier to stand on the corner and get handed shit from those of us that do work hard or have jobs,then to actually work! I don't feel soo bad for homeless people because it's an effect of the decisions that one has made in their lives! There is no real excuse for me as to why someone is homeless and needs to beg! 

Quoting kattu:

Quoting Krystle1216:

I think thats pretty awesome!! Although I doubt he will be there tomorrow or even have completed the applications! Hes prob just looking for a handout not willing to work! Sad but could be true

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Many of those beggars also have felonies on their record, which makes finding jobs difficult.  One of the men at our church has this problem.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

did you get him a po box and a phone too?

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM
5 moms liked this

Holy shit.  You are one heartless woman.

Quoting Krystle1216:

Quoting kattu:

Quoting Krystle1216:

wittyscreenname
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM

A care package that could be put in his backpack. It had water, sandwich stuff and snacks.

piratehooker
You're an idiot.

I hope you are just young and dumb.

Quoting Krystle1216:

Quoting kattu:

Quoting Krystle1216:

emeraldangel2.0
4 moms liked this

you've never been homeless, have you?

trust me, no one CHOOSES or puts themselves in that position until they have tried everything.
just like you didn't choose to be an irritating twat, you were probably raised by parent who thought their shit didn't stink

Quoting Krystle1216:

Quoting kattu:

Quoting Krystle1216:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN