Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No relief for head pain!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I am getting so frustrated, I just want to cry! 

I have had this headache almost a week. (tomorrow) I tried to take care of it on my own, nope did not work. Yesterday I called my Nuero he did not call back.  SO I went to the ER.  They gave me some medicine in an IV. Sent me home with benadryl and phennagrin so I could hopefully sleep it off. It gave me no relief.  I called my Nuero back today and they were able to squeeze me in at ten am. They gave me a shot of something that made it worse.  Then gave me medicine to take at home. I am not getting any relief at all! My head hurts so badly!  

I see my nuero for headaches. I have them daily, every time I wake up. I saw him for the first time last Monday. He scheduled a head MRI for this coming Monday. Is there anything else I can do at home to help get rid of the pain?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
semamaearth
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I wish I knew. I've been dealing with this since I was 12. I'm on Vicodin right now. It's just so so. Thankfully I've taken so much medication in my lifetime, that my tolerance to pain meds is very high, so I can work and take that or Percocets. It sucks. People ask if I need tylenol when I have a headache and all I can do is laugh. When I tell them that Vicodins barely work, they just stare in shock.

sorry :-(

-42-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Warm bath, caffeine, peppermint oil behind your ears. Lie down in a cool, dark room and put a cool cloth over your eyes.

Dakota1228
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I would got to a chiropractor. 

lmscm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM
I use to get headaches daily. I had them for 10 years. Most of the time I could tolerate them but sometimes I was like you and it didn't want to go away. I tried many different medications. Prevenatives and some to take when the headache/migraine came on. What kind of medicine did they give you to take at home? The medication that seemed to help most of the time for me was Butalbital. I no longer take it because my headaches seemed to disappear after my second child was born. I know how bad it can be to live in that pain. I'll pray the doctor can figure it out and get you out of pain. I hope you feel better.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Are you on any other meds, like birth control? I developed a sensitivity to synthetic estrogen and after a year of debilitating headaches I switched bc and just like that they went away. It could very well be an environmental trigger. My husband gets cluster migraines, and he has injections he gives himself, I wish I could think of the name right now! I hope you find relief mama!

lmscm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Are you on any other meds, like birth control? I developed a sensitivity to synthetic estrogen and after a year of debilitating headaches I switched bc and just like that they went away. It could very well be an environmental trigger. My husband gets cluster migraines, and he has injections he gives himself, I wish I could think of the name right now! I hope you find relief mama!

Is the medication your husband uses Imitrex or Toradol?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I suffer with them too every day, I have a traumatic brain injury. 

I would sleep with a heading pad on it, have your SO crack your back and rub your feet. Drink lots of water. Good luck! 

Has your neurologist tried tramadol for you? Look into it and ask, I take it twice a day and it's amazing. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM
It's Sumatriptan, not sure what the brand name is

Quoting lmscm:

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

Is the medication your husband uses Imitrex or Toradol?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Is there any neck or back pain accompanying it?

beehive7
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Take 2 Excedrin for migraines and drink with a Dr.pepper. If not try to get a prescription for migraines I've experienced the same thing usually the Excedrin thing works but once in a blue moon I gott see a doc for a prescription. Hope it helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN