Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The above photo is me in August with a ring sling that I made for my DD. I am a size 12.

And this is us at the Big E this summer. I weigh LESS now than I do in this photo.

I know for a fact that sizes don't mean S**T. I'm pretty tall, so I know that factors in. Also, body type has a lot to do with it, too. I just hate when people make blanket statements about this sort of thing - One size does not fit all! :-)

ETA: I am 5'9''

I just wanted to add that I am not fishing for compliments - I'm just trying to make a point that just because you are a certain size, be it small OR big, it (by itself) doesn't necessarily mean that you are thin or fat

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Replies (161-170):
Barb10
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM

You are tall so you dont look big.I am 5'1 and in a sz 10 and look huge.Ive been working out and cutting cal so 5lbs down and almost in a sz 8.

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM

It's true. I'm only a 6 or an 8, and Im pretty damn chubby now.

Karenjm
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Wow, 6'!  I have a co-worker that is pretty tall and one day she said that they don't make enough tape to measure her.  I thought it was cute. 

That pick up line is so ridiculous, lol!  What are they thinking when they say stupid stuff like that :-)

Quoting MamaDee83:

Lol, I don't get it as much as you would think! There is another Mama on here who is 6' tall, so she wins :-p.
When I was younger and I used to go out with my friends to clubs/bars/whatever, I would wear high heels and be SUPER tall! One of my favorite pick up lines that I remember is, "Wow. You are TALL. Can I climb you?" It's my favorite because it's so ridiculous, not because it's good LOL!

(I did not let him "climb" me, haha, but I did let him buy me a drink lol!)

Quoting Karenjm:

Woah!  You're tall.  I'm sure you've gotten that a lot here :-) 

I agree!  I'm 5'7" and am about a 12. 

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I wouldn't want to be a size 12. I'm 5'3", tho. I'm a size nine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I am not quite 5'2" so a size 12 on me would be fat I think.  I was a size 10 for a while after my first, and I was super chunky, haha.  I figured out a lifestyle change and I have always been able to stay around a 2-4 for the past 9 years (other than when I was pregnant or had just given birth).  Personally, I start to get uncomfortable and feel fat if I notice my size 4s getting tight.  I've recently been injured for the past year so I've put on about 5-7 pounds, and don't feel great.  Still a 4 but those 2's don't fit right now, lol!    

You look great OP :)

Sadie_J_0202
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

to me it is. I'm a 3. You're tall though so you get a pass, but if you were 5'2 and a size 12, that's overweight.

You give thin women a bad name.

Who are you to decide if people get a "pass" or whatever?

MamaDee83
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM

They aren't thinking, at least not with their REAL brain ;-)

Quoting Karenjm:

Wow, 6'!  I have a co-worker that is pretty tall and one day she said that they don't make enough tape to measure her.  I thought it was cute. 

That pick up line is so ridiculous, lol!  What are they thinking when they say stupid stuff like that :-)

Quoting MamaDee83:

Lol, I don't get it as much as you would think! There is another Mama on here who is 6' tall, so she wins :-p.
When I was younger and I used to go out with my friends to clubs/bars/whatever, I would wear high heels and be SUPER tall! One of my favorite pick up lines that I remember is, "Wow. You are TALL. Can I climb you?" It's my favorite because it's so ridiculous, not because it's good LOL!

(I did not let him "climb" me, haha, but I did let him buy me a drink lol!)

Quoting Karenjm:

Woah!  You're tall.  I'm sure you've gotten that a lot here :-) 

I agree!  I'm 5'7" and am about a 12. 

Karenjm
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Holy cow!  You may want to look for another doctor.  I am also 5'7" and apparently my ideal weight is 143 or something crazy like that.  If I did actually weigh that, I'd look sick and malnourished. 

Quoting gofast_mama:

I'm 5'7" and 137lbs and a size four, I was told I should drop ten pounds by my doctor if I really wanted to be healthy....

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Nines and twelves are different.  If you are a 9, you are wearing a junior size, which is more like a size 6 in misses.  Currently, I am a misses 4.  I can squeeze into my size 2s, but they aren't as comfortable.  My hips don't like jr size clothing, lol. 

Quoting Miss-B:

Miss-B
by ♥Divalicious♥ on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Oh, I see. Lol.

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se:

Nines and twelves are different.  If you are a 9, you are wearing a junior size, which is more like a size 6 in misses.  Currently, I am a misses 4.  I can squeeze into my size 2s, but they aren't as comfortable.  My hips don't like jr size clothing, lol. 

Quoting Miss-B:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)