Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Submission Doesn't mean.. *edit with a response from a poster in OP*

Quoting mommyrustina:

Apparently everyone needs a translator because just about everyone has interpreted that wrong. "esteeming others higher than ourselves" has nothing to do with thinking someone is better. It simply means putting someone else before ourselves. Everyone does that every day, or at least I hope they do. For example, don't parents put the needs of their children before their own?

I wanted to edit my post and put this response up here because people are obviously interpreting it wrong, and Mommyrustina said it best.

Daisypath Christmas tickers

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah the Lord.This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”Luke 2:10-12

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Replies (121-127):
Baybeelove88
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
If it makes you happy and your dh doesn't take advantage of it, if he treats you right regardless of your choice to be submissive, more power to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ibelieveinpink
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:09 AM
My husband does not tell me what to do or when to do it.

Quoting DollFace-23:

Haha so you only respect your husband if he can tell you what to do and when to do it? Okay then lmao

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting Josie_P:

I don't get it. Could you explain, please, OP? Or someone lol =D

It pretty much means you highly respect your husband. Being submissive does not mean we are weak, and doormats, we respect our husbands so we let them lead.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Nicoleb9:

They're probably just trying to get you to slip up somewhere.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Well I know that I'm not, so an Internet stranger's misinterpretation of my lifestyle means nothing. When I touch the logoff button and put the iPad down, I'm going to look around and find that their ideas of spinelessness are completely wrong. Their assumptions of my husband beating me are totally without merit.

I'm happy and if some stranger on the Internet claims to know more about my life than I do, I have no choice but to make my own assumption of THEIR unhappiness. Why else would someone try to convince a reportedly happy woman to be unhappy instead unless they themselves are miserable and need some company?

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Meh. I stopped caring about convincing others of anything like that. I'm submissive to my husband because I enjoy it and it makes me happy. There's no way that someone else's disbelief of that is going to get me worked up.

This!!!! No matter what you say or do, people aren't going to understand. Some people have such a negative view of marriage anyway, so no matter what, they are going to be convinced in their own minds that we're all brainless,spineless doormats.

I couldn't agree more!! It also boggles my mind when people make the assumption that just because I don't broadcast details about my marriage and my sex life all over creation, that I'm hiding something and that our marriage is in trouble. I was raised that you keep your marriage business to yourself and don't invite other people in. That concept seems to be lost on a lot of people.

There is nothing to "slip up" about. I have never claimed to have a perfect marriage or a perfect life. I just don't believe in sharing personal details about my life with every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes along. I feel it is disrespectful to my husband and to my marriage. Honestly, some people are just so miserable and have such crappy marriages that they can't comprehend that there is such a thing as a happy marriage. They can't grasp the fact that not all men cheat on their wives, not all men are abusive, selfish jerks, and not all men would rather pay to see a naked woman swinging on a pole than to be with their own wives.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

Beautiful31mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Quoting Baybeelove88:

If it makes you happy and your dh doesn't take advantage of it, if he treats you right regardless of your choice to be submissive, more power to you!

Nope he does not and thank you!

Daisypath Christmas tickers

But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah the Lord.This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”Luke 2:10-12

Beautiful31mom
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Mine doesn't either.appartntly watching tv and reading books and watching movies makes you an expert though.

Quoting ibelieveinpink:

My husband does not tell me what to do or when to do it.

Quoting DollFace-23:

Haha so you only respect your husband if he can tell you what to do and when to do it? Okay then lmao

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting Josie_P:

I don't get it. Could you explain, please, OP? Or someone lol =D

It pretty much means you highly respect your husband. Being submissive does not mean we are weak, and doormats, we respect our husbands so we let them lead.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Oh please. You ARE weak minded.

Beautiful31mom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Okay that's your opinion.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please. You ARE weak minded.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)