Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (731-740):
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM

If you bothered to read the article, it said these are nationwide numbers and then talked about several key locations in the US.  So, it doesn't talk about one location.  I have no idea where why you think they were talking about a "certain location".

Please provide a link where you got your information.  I would like tocompare notes/articles.

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL a certain location doesnt fit the full numbers of the whole country. Try visiting the stats on the Government Immigration instead to get the correct numbers.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Associated Press--Article Dated Dec 6, 2012  Illegal Immigration Drops (second paragraph)

Edit:  That would be the Chicago Sun-Times

BTW, that same article says illegal immigration is at 28%, not 80%.  This is for all immigrants.  But, even if you talk just Mexican/Hispanics, that statistic is only 55%.  Still not the 80% you quoted.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM

press is based on opinions....

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

If you bothered to read the article, it said these are nationwide numbers and then talked about several key locations in the US.  So, it doesn't talk about one location.  I have no idea where why you think they were talking about a "certain location".

Quoting thetrollcat:

LOL a certain location doesnt fit the full numbers of the whole country. Try visiting the stats on the Government Immigration instead to get the correct numbers.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Associated Press--Article Dated Dec 6, 2012  Illegal Immigration Drops (second paragraph)

BTW, that same article says illegal immigration is at 28%, not 80%.  This is for all immigrants.  But, even if you talk just Mexican/Hispanics, that statistic is only 55%.  Still not the 80% you quoted.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

The article was written based on facts studied by demographers via the Pew Research Center and the Census Bureau who have very reliable information.

Still haven't answered my question.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Then you should not believe what you read either.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

according to most press and websites they claim their stuff are facts, most are not even close to facts. But believe whatever you want.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

The article was written based on facts studied by demographers via the Pew Research Center and the Census Bureau who have very reliable information.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

*yawns*

lifts hinny leg and licks

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Then you should believe what you read either.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

melschlegs
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Studies are always biased, because the people and companies who fund them generally pay better when the "facts" favor their desired outcome.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Very true.  However, it doesn't necessarily make said information incorrect.  It is no secret that illegal immigration is way down.  This in turn changes the the amount of illegal immigration that exists.  The number presented may not be exact, but I believe they are very close.  These numbers were looked at by more than just the quoted articles as well.

Quoting melschlegs:

Studies are always biased, because the people and companies who fund them generally pay better when the "facts" favor their desired outcome.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

melschlegs
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hm... seeing as how the census bureau is run by the government and the Pew Research Center has bases in Washington DC, I don't find the statistics to be unbiased, and therefore they cannot be deemed "credible" by themselves.  That is my personal opinion, and if you believe those statistics, have at it.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Very true.  However, it doesn't necessarily make said information incorrect.  It is no secret that illegal immigration is way down.  This in turn changes the the amount of illegal immigration that exists.  The number presented may not be exact, but I believe they are very close.  These numbers were looked at by more than just the quoted articles as well.

Quoting melschlegs:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

I stick with facts

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:07 AM
2 moms liked this

its ok, if you preffer to be a bigot ignorant bitch. then thats your problem, i am fluen t in 3 languages, and I love learning about each language's culture..

no language i  s the same, and they are all beautifull.

but to some.. like you- ignorance is a bliss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)