Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
rockabillybetty
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Rite on you Rebel Scum XD hehe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jenn on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Meh. I learned French. It came in handy when I went to FRANCE. Funny how that worked out....

I know enough Spanish to know when the wrong thing is being said, but I'll never admit it in person.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this

speaking spanish does not open me up to anything other than speaking spanish

Quoting brittany208:

Okay. no one says you have to. It opens more opportunities up if you know more, but it's hardly a requirement.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM

whatever, that is what you WISH would happen

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM
20 moms liked this

I'm some states it's a requirement in order to get a job. To me, that's a problem and I myself am native american. It's not okay to sneak into a country, refuse to learn the language predominantly spoken there, and then force people to change for you. And yes, I understand that the US has no official language but it's blatantly obvious that the majority of legal residents speak english. This debate is even in english lol.

SWasson
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM
6 moms liked this

I'm sorry you're linguistically impaired. Don't worry, people don't want to talk to you that badly.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I get offended people dont sign in sign language. Lazy bastages

Quoting AngryBob:

I speak Spanish, so understanding isn't s problem for me. But I find it rude when someone walks up and starts speaking in Spanish, and expects me to know their language. And gives me dirty looks if I can't speak it perfectly or something.

beehive7
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I don't think anybody's rights would be TAKEN cuz you don't know any Spanish or choose not to learn it. Although I'm pretty sure your intelligence might go up a few points if you did!

mamaxkitty
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Que bueno.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

well thank goodness I do not intend to visit any country that depends on the spanish language

Quoting Pnukey:

Meh. I learned French. It came in handy when I went to FRANCE. Funny how that worked out....

I know enough Spanish to know when the wrong thing is being said, but I'll never admit it in person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)