Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I would love that state to require I had to learn it, I would sue the state. That is against my freedom and the equal opportunity RIGHTS to employment

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm some states it's a requirement in order to get a job. To me, that's a problem and I myself am native american. It's not okay to sneak into a country, refuse to learn the language predominantly spoken there, and then force people to change for you. And yes, I understand that the US has no official language but it's blatantly obvious that the majority of legal residents speak english. This debate is even in english lol.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

mommyof2soon29
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting thetrollcat:

if my rights were taken because of spanish people, I would demand a war and have them removed./

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

I suppose that's your right.....

*EDITED: Spanish speaking LOL

Yes because war solves our problems, as it always has in the past! You my friend are clearly a dumb ass

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting crescentstar2:

¿Que?

¿Como?

ilovecandy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM

i have no desire to speak spanish. however, i know a little bit of Gaelic (been learning that) and Russian (been learning that) and obviously........english.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

and you think I actually care I dont speak fluent multiple languages?

nope I dont.

Quoting SWasson:

I'm sorry you're linguistically impaired. Don't worry, people don't want to talk to you that badly.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Likewise. I have no interest in it. I know it's not politically correct, but oh well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Me neither.  Whew!

Quoting thetrollcat:

well thank goodness I do not intend to visit any country that depends on the spanish language

Quoting Pnukey:

Meh. I learned French. It came in handy when I went to FRANCE. Funny how that worked out....

I know enough Spanish to know when the wrong thing is being said, but I'll never admit it in person.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously. I had a deaf guy in one of my classes in college, and the class got cancelled, but he didn't know about it. I had to sign to him, but since I could only finger spell, that's what I did. And he was GRATEFUL, not a dick because I didn't know how to "speak" to him properly. What's funny is the govt considers not being able to speak English a disability. Doesn't that make you sick.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I get offended people dont sign in sign language. Lazy bastages

Quoting AngryBob:

I speak Spanish, so understanding isn't s problem for me. But I find it rude when someone walks up and starts speaking in Spanish, and expects me to know their language. And gives me dirty looks if I can't speak it perfectly or something.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It's for your benefit that you do, so it's your loss.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My aunt in California has run into that issue while applying for work. You either speak spanish or you don't get the job.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I would love that state to require I had to learn it, I would sue the state. That is against my freedom and the equal opportunity RIGHTS to employment

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm some states it's a requirement in order to get a job. To me, that's a problem and I myself am native american. It's not okay to sneak into a country, refuse to learn the language predominantly spoken there, and then force people to change for you. And yes, I understand that the US has no official language but it's blatantly obvious that the majority of legal residents speak english. This debate is even in english lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN