Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM
4 moms liked this

Well, holy shit! Lets start shooting their asses when they start crossing the border so our country doesn't turn into a shit hole like Mexico.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

marinenonstop
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Egh, that's fine with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I know some Spanish but I am learning Italian and so are my kids :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

WOW the ignorance in this place is astounding!

IF you live in TX AZ NM and CA, Spanish and a variety of Native American Dialects were the original languages. 

crescentstar2
by Anne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM

.¿Monday?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting crescentstar2:

¿Que?

¿Como?

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Well, if you want to put yourself at a disadvantage just because you want to show them, then that's your problem, not anyone else's. I personally think it's stupid that if you have the opportunity to learn a language that a lot of people around the world speak and it's a dominant presence in my country, but of  course, no one should force you.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

my I have a fat ass but that isnt the point. I dont care for the spanish language, it can KISS my fat ass.

Quoting mommyof2soon29:

Quoting thetrollcat:

if my rights were taken because of spanish people, I would demand a war and have them removed./

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

I suppose that's your right.....

*EDITED: Spanish speaking LOL

Yes because war solves our problems, as it always has in the past! You my friend are clearly a dumb ass

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

my DH ran into that issue too. Most jobs you had to be bilingual. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My aunt in California has run into that issue while applying for work. You either speak spanish or you don't get the job.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I would love that state to require I had to learn it, I would sue the state. That is against my freedom and the equal opportunity RIGHTS to employment

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm some states it's a requirement in order to get a job. To me, that's a problem and I myself am native american. It's not okay to sneak into a country, refuse to learn the language predominantly spoken there, and then force people to change for you. And yes, I understand that the US has no official language but it's blatantly obvious that the majority of legal residents speak english. This debate is even in english lol.

"I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams"

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM
People that live near the border already do that. You just don't hear about it on the news.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, holy shit! Lets start shooting their asses when they start crossing the border so our country doesn't turn into a shit hole like Mexico.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

my ex wont let me teach my son spanish even tho we live in an area the 95% spanish speaking its over all better for jobs . but noo he wants him to learn german cause its his blood lanuage...*rolls eyes *

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)