Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (51-60):
Ashleeduhh
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
It'd not do much new ones ad it I'd the current ones reproducing at the rate that they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, holy shit! Lets start shooting their asses when they start crossing the border so our country doesn't turn into a shit hole like Mexico.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Ok. Doesn't bother me if you want to limit yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jella31
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too! Born and raised:)

Quoting Love060708kids:

I can understand a few things in Spanish...helps that I lived in San Diego from 9th grade to 12th grade.  Now we're living in El Paso. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I actually have a lot of difficulty with the processing of language. I tried to learn spanish. It wasn't in my abilities. So I won't be learning either. Honestly I think the US needs an offical language and be done with it. English is being spoken in so many other countries not just our own. I don't think it would be out of line if we made it more important here.

kailalaila
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this

es bueno aprender otros lenguajes.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I speak Spanish fluently, but I'm Hispanic American. I do however understand a bit of French, Japanese and Italian and want to learn them better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

that is a bit absurd btw you could have written what you were saying on a piece of paper ;)

I was having a hard time hearing a class mate today, I really did try but he mumbles and speaks so fast! He finally pulled up notepad on the computer and typed up what he was saying. IT IS VERY VERY rare anyone takes the time to do that. Most times they just blow you off and move on :(

As for not speaking english, they should try BEING DEAF where we dont have a choice to being DEAF and depening on Sign Language.

Thank pugs for freedom!

Quoting AngryBob:

Seriously. I had a deaf guy in one of my classes in college, and the class got cancelled, but he didn't know about it. I had to sign to him, but since I could only finger spell, that's what I did. And he was GRATEFUL, not a dick because I didn't know how to "speak" to him properly. What's funny is the govt considers not being able to speak English a disability. Doesn't that make you sick.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I get offended people dont sign in sign language. Lazy bastages

Quoting AngryBob:

I speak Spanish, so understanding isn't s problem for me. But I find it rude when someone walks up and starts speaking in Spanish, and expects me to know their language. And gives me dirty looks if I can't speak it perfectly or something.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Meh. They can have it.

Quoting thetrollcat:

well didnt you know, SPanish is now the SPECIAL language, everyone is doing it....

tsk tsk

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Likewise. I have no interest in it. I know it's not politically correct, but oh well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

no mamam it will not benefit me, I will not be learning it. Im 41 years old and have gotten plenty of jobs without it.

Quoting mich.el.le:

It's for your benefit that you do, so it's your loss.

ethans_momma06
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Your loss. *shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)