Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I can speak and understand if i need to... its your choice. But it may be required one day. What will you do then?
amanda81919
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Lo siento, no habla ingles.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Celtic_Dragon
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I bet that is what the natives said about the Europeans when we crossed the ocean.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, holy shit! Lets start shooting their asses when they start crossing the border so our country doesn't turn into a shit hole like Mexico.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

beehive7
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Lol! Your so funny! But it's actually true PENDEHA! Just like people who read a lot,those who learn new languages have a higher IQ! Look it up!

Quoting thetrollcat:

From your reply, your intelligent is limited to the insulting ***wipe section of college of education ;)

Quoting beehive7:

I don't think anybody's rights would be TAKEN cuz you don't know any Spanish or choose not to learn it. Although I'm pretty sure your intelligence might go up a few points if you did!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Good idea. You'd have far more HIGH EARNING marketable skills if you learned a business language like Mandarin. I never understood the huge push to learn Spanish. YAY, I can now be the manager at McDonalds, work at a call center, or translate at the free clinic. What exciting job opportunities!

Being bilingual is useful. Being bilingual in a business language makes far more sense financially than learning a language to help the poor who refuse to learn English. 

Hate me if you like for speaking the truth.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Discrimination again I would sue the state and the business. Being that I am deaf I would sue.

Quoting Anonymous:

My aunt in California has run into that issue while applying for work. You either speak spanish or you don't get the job.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I would love that state to require I had to learn it, I would sue the state. That is against my freedom and the equal opportunity RIGHTS to employment

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm some states it's a requirement in order to get a job. To me, that's a problem and I myself am native american. It's not okay to sneak into a country, refuse to learn the language predominantly spoken there, and then force people to change for you. And yes, I understand that the US has no official language but it's blatantly obvious that the majority of legal residents speak english. This debate is even in english lol.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Well, lets make it legal for all americans to shoot their illegal hispanic asses.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

It'd not do much new ones ad it I'd the current ones reproducing at the rate that they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, holy shit! Lets start shooting their asses when they start crossing the border so our country doesn't turn into a shit hole like Mexico.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I wanna be seriously i do, but secretly I laughed....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

SadeAyosmom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM

i live in asia and only speaking English is such a road block in my life.

dont limit yourself!

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Don't know about her, but we're learning both German and Spanish (i know more German than Spanish). Our kids will learn them as well as it creates more opportunities for our family.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Oh im sure you LIMIT yourself as well, how many languages do you speak>????

Quoting amanda_mom89:

Ok. Doesn't bother me if you want to limit yourself.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)