Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (701-710):
sthflachk
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Soooo....teach him then. Your ex can't exactly stop you.

Quoting white_wolf454:

i agree with you about that  , i dont mind him learning german but i want him to learn about all cultures , I think it would help him to understand that there are many kinds of people and all should be respected

Quoting sthflachk:

Dumb. He is your ex though. My ex have an understanding. If one of us wants our dd to do something and the other disagrees because of whatever reason they have then we still can have our dd do it. I do not want my dd to believe in Santa AT ALL but my ex does. So, I let her, because he wishes it. He does the same to me.

My point...if its not detrimental to their health the other parent should let it happen.

Quoting white_wolf454:

that is true but his father hates that i take our son to culture fairs he thinks  , if not German then there is no point to learn about it 

Quoting sthflachk:

German will make it easier for him to learn any third language you will want him to. Think of it that way.

Quoting white_wolf454:

my ex wont let me teach my son spanish even tho we live in an area the 95% spanish speaking its over all better for jobs . but noo he wants him to learn german cause its his blood lanuage...*rolls eyes *

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

"Good luck with the cartels overwhelming your country"

Hardly. I'm not a drug dealer so if they want to murder each other, I couldn't care less.
But you shouldn't really believe all you read. If I did, I would be thinking you can't even go to the movies in the U.S without a nutcase opening fire... Let alone send your kids to school.
But I'm smart enough to realize that's not a common thing to happen and the average American isn't at such a big risk of being gunned down by a wacko.
Obviously you're not that smart
Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Lol, I took 2 years in college. Got all A's and the most I can do is order some food without sounding horrible.

Quoting Oceana09:

We were only offered one language in school, and that was Spanish. I don't know why I even bother to say "offered". It wasn't offered, it was mandatory. You didn't take the 2 years of spanish, you didn't graduate. That was how it worked. You think any of us that took that class know how to speak spanish? No. The teacher was a quack. He spoke english, but his accent was so thick you couldn't understand a word he said. It was a waste and I hate the fact that I live in a heavily hispanic populated area and can't communicate with any of them that don't speak english.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 64 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I know plenty of Canadians who are pissed that their largest growing immigrant population, Chinese, refuses to learn any or more English. I also happen to know some of those Chinese. They refuse to let their kids speak English at home, they deliberately choose not to think in English thus making it harder to learn. I have a coworker who is based in Canada, is Chinese and its horrible. He has been in Canada for 20 years and can barely speak English. I have to exchange emails instead of just talking. so annoying.

Quoting Bonita131:

Anyone learning, speaking, and only attempting to understand English in this day and age, is ignorant. The US is a multicultural country as is Canada.. English is no longer the number one language spoken in both countries.  A great many immigrants had to learn and still are learning, how to speak English. If they can put forth the effort to learn a second language, why can't you?

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh so only spanish people should be a focus point because they happen to breed like cockroaches in this country? What about the other immigrants from other countries? Oh thats right, they are not worthy of recognition.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Didnt you mean second language as in SPANISH? No one gives a damn if you know german or anything else.

Quoting Bonita131:

Anyone learning, speaking, and only attempting to understand English in this day and age, is ignorant. The US is a multicultural country as is Canada.. English is no longer the number one language spoken in both countries.  A great many immigrants had to learn and still are learning, how to speak English. If they can put forth the effort to learn a second language, why can't you?

Why do you put so much emphasis on Spanish? Do you dislike Spanish people that much? Face it, the Spanish population is high in the US so why not learn to speak the language? Most Spanish people make an effort to learn English, why can't you do the same with their language?  Knowing both languages can only better your life. Being ignorant of what's being said around you will never better your life, it will simply make it more  frustrating.  

Wow, so much hatred. You'd be a good candidate for the KKK, Spanish division.

All immigrants deserve recognition, all languages deserve recognition, none should be more important than the other, but when you have a much higher population of one immigrant and their language is the one spoken the most often, it only makes sense to try to learn the language. If you're capable of it, learn more than one.  There's a lot of Americans who speak multiple languages, if you're so upset not understanding any other language but English, learn a second language of your choice.

As for your rude comment about Spanish people breeding like cockroaches, you might want to look at the amount of "English" Americans who continually breed like cockroaches, never giving a thought of how they'll afford to support the multiple children they keep having.     

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Many that are here are here ILLEGALLY, I have no sympathy for the illegals.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh so only spanish people should be a focus point because they happen to breed like cockroaches in this country? What about the other immigrants from other countries? Oh thats right, they are not worthy of recognition.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Didnt you mean second language as in SPANISH? No one gives a damn if you know german or anything else.

Quoting Bonita131:

Why do you put so much emphasis on Spanish? Do you dislike Spanish people that much? Face it, the Spanish population is high in the US so why not learn to speak the language? Most Spanish people make an effort to learn English, why can't you do the same with their language?  Knowing both languages can only better your life. Being ignorant of what's being said around you will never better your life, it will simply make it more  frustrating.  

Wow, so much hatred. You'd be a good candidate for the KKK, Spanish division.

All immigrants deserve recognition, all languages deserve recognition, none should be more important than the other, but when you have a much higher population of one immigrant and their language is the one spoken the most often, it only makes sense to try to learn the language. If you're capable of it, learn more than one.  There's a lot of Americans who speak multiple languages, if you're so upset not understanding any other language but English, learn a second language of your choice.

As for your rude comment about Spanish people breeding like cockroaches, you might want to look at the amount of "English" Americans who continually breed like cockroaches, never giving a thought of how they'll afford to support the multiple children they keep having.     

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM

thats what i am doing

Quoting sthflachk:

Soooo....teach him then. Your ex can't exactly stop you.

Quoting white_wolf454:

i agree with you about that  , i dont mind him learning german but i want him to learn about all cultures , I think it would help him to understand that there are many kinds of people and all should be respected

Quoting sthflachk:

Dumb. He is your ex though. My ex have an understanding. If one of us wants our dd to do something and the other disagrees because of whatever reason they have then we still can have our dd do it. I do not want my dd to believe in Santa AT ALL but my ex does. So, I let her, because he wishes it. He does the same to me.

My point...if its not detrimental to their health the other parent should let it happen.

Quoting white_wolf454:

that is true but his father hates that i take our son to culture fairs he thinks  , if not German then there is no point to learn about it 

Quoting sthflachk:

German will make it easier for him to learn any third language you will want him to. Think of it that way.

Quoting white_wolf454:

my ex wont let me teach my son spanish even tho we live in an area the 95% spanish speaking its over all better for jobs . but noo he wants him to learn german cause its his blood lanuage...*rolls eyes *

mommyoftwo103
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Not all illegal immigrants come from Mexico, ignorant. People get on planes, tourists with a visa and decide to stay in the US. Do you really think they all "cross the border"? LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, holy shit! Lets start shooting their asses when they start crossing the border so our country doesn't turn into a shit hole like Mexico.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

I live in Mexico. It's hardly a "shit hole". What an ethnocentrist, egotstical comment.

Good luck with the cartels overwhelming your country.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:29 PM

80% CROSS THE BORDER ILLEGALLY STAY ILLEGALLY only 20% come here legally then live here illegally

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

Not all illegal immigrants come from Mexico, ignorant. People get in planes, tourists with a visa and decide to stay in the US. Do you really they all "cross the border"? LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, holy shit! Lets start shooting their asses when they start crossing the border so our country doesn't turn into a shit hole like Mexico.

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

By 2050, the Hispanics will be the majority...just sayin. It'll be even more important to know then. I'm not fluent but I could probably get by if I needed to.

I live in Mexico. It's hardly a "shit hole". What an ethnocentrist, egotstical comment.

mommyoftwo103
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM

And? that's not everyone! that's my point!

Quoting thetrollcat:

80% CROSS THE BORDER ILLEGALLY STAY ILLEGALLY only 20% come here legally then live here illegally

Quoting mommyoftwo103:

Not all illegal immigrants come from Mexico, ignorant. People get in planes, tourists with a visa and decide to stay in the US. Do you really they all "cross the border"? LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Ashleeduhh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN