Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sorry but I will NOT learn or speak or try to understand Spanish

Posted by   + Show Post

I learn, speak, and only attempt to understand those that speak English.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (741-748):
TiNGo
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Let me guess, you come from an all white family and have never had the opportunity to get to know people from other cultures well enough to LOVE them and to recognize that we are all just PEOPLE?... You think that YOUR way is the best way, that YOUR language is the best language, and that good ol' 'Merica is based on WHITE CULTURE!?!?!? Hilarious. This white girl has had the privilege of knowing and loving people from many different backgrounds, and I am thankful I was open-minded enough to open myself up to more than one way of looking at things. Some of the most wonderful people I have ever known are Spanish speakers. And trust me, with an attitude like yours, none of us need you anyways.

DebnDrew
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I can speak Irish......because that is the language of my people. I have yet to meet anyone who can understand it though, so it has not proven all that useful.

snackcakes
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Is there a particular reason why?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I happen to be part native american and mexican

Quoting TiNGo:

Let me guess, you come from an all white family and have never had the opportunity to get to know people from other cultures well enough to LOVE them and to recognize that we are all just PEOPLE?... You think that YOUR way is the best way, that YOUR language is the best language, and that good ol' 'Merica is based on WHITE CULTURE!?!?!? Hilarious. This white girl has had the privilege of knowing and loving people from many different backgrounds, and I am thankful I was open-minded enough to open myself up to more than one way of looking at things. Some of the most wonderful people I have ever known are Spanish speakers. And trust me, with an attitude like yours, none of us need you anyways.

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I just dont have interest in learning foreign languages.

Quoting snackcakes:

Is there a particular reason why?

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

We live very close to the border, but I have no intentions of learning Spanish. I don't like the language, why would I want to learn it? If someone comes to the US, they need to make sure that I can understand them. I don't have to do shit and learn their language so they can understand me. Freaking immigrants/illegals, really. LOL!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I lick, I mean, LIKE you :)

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

We live very close to the border, but I have no intentions of learning Spanish. I don't like the language, why would I want to learn it? If someone comes to the US, they need to make sure that I can understand them. I don't have to do shit and learn their language so they can understand me. Freaking immigrants/illegals, really. LOL!

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Bueno, ¿no se un pedazo de basura ignorante. Guste o no, ser bilingüe es una ventaja en el lugar de trabajo; de modo que mantenga su trabajo, y me quedo uno mejor. buena suerte!  =) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)