Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Frustrated....(sorta longish)

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I can't get a job to save my life.  I left my last job in Dec. 2010 as we moved out of state.  From Dec  2010, until we left in July 2012, I couldn't find any potential employer in Florida that would even give me an interview.  We moved to Arizona in July.  I have applied at several places, but really don't want to waist my time as my hours are very limited. (Due to DHs job, and only having 1 car, I don't let any potential employer know this though.) So when I ask for an application anywhere, I ask what hours they are wanting to fill, what the pay will be, and if the hours have any flexibility.   If they don't fit with my current schedule I don't bother applying.  

I went on my first interview today in 3.5 years.  I was told that I was the last interview and would be informed of their decision with in the end of the day.  It was an entry level position at the library.  The pay was not to great, but DH has insurance through his work so it wouldn't have been an issue.  The hours would have been awesome.  Only needed child care for 10 hours a week. So most of the pay would have been take home.  I thought I rocked it.   Got an EMAIL today that I didn't get the job.  :(  I would have been so much happier not getting any notice, versus getting an email.  BLAH!  

It is so freaking depressing that I can't even get a no freaking skill job.  :(  I need some cheering up.  Blah.

(my last job, I searched for about 2.5 years, and finally was hired as a bagger at a grocery store.  I continued to apply all over the place, for another 2 years, and no on would even give me an interview.)

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rawrmommysaurus
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:34 PM

bump

rawrmommysaurus
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

BUMP!

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM

The only advice I can offer is persistence, and networking.  I had the same issue when we moved from  from one state to another for DH's job - I'm a legal assistant but did not work for the whole 18 months we were there.   We moved again for DH's job late this summer and  after sending out resumes almost daily and having several unsuccessful interviews, I finally started a new job in mid-November.   The position I'm in now I had given up on when they called me out of the blue.  Good luck!

rawrmommysaurus
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Thanks.  I am just so down.  I can't even find a no skill job/entry level job.  :( 

I would work fast food, but every place I've looked at, they say I need to be flexible with my hours.  I have 2 kids, and 1 car, and they aren't paying enough to get a second car and all the expenses it would incur.

Quoting Diamepphyre:

The only advice I can offer is persistence, and networking.  I had the same issue when we moved from  from one state to another for DH's job - I'm a legal assistant but did not work for the whole 18 months we were there.   We moved again for DH's job late this summer and  after sending out resumes almost daily and having several unsuccessful interviews, I finally started a new job in mid-November.   The position I'm in now I had given up on when they called me out of the blue.  Good luck!

melissa916
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I'm sorry. I hope you find something soon

Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Write them and say thank you for the interview anyways. Only more elegantly put.

Sometimes accepting the rejection will get them to think twice
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawrmommysaurus
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I replied to the email, do you think I should send a thank you card?  2 people interviewed me, should I send one to each or just one?

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Write them and say thank you for the interview anyways. Only more elegantly put.

Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Thank you cards are good. Either way would work.

Quoting rawrmommysaurus:

I replied to the email, do you think I should send a thank you card?  2 people interviewed me, should I send one to each or just one?

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)