Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im not eating tonight.. rant kind of **edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
So here it is. I'm not eating tonight and this is why..

About .3months ago my SO lost his job. I was a stay at home mom. So it was fine he'd find another job. Well he can't. Everything around here requires a driver's license which he doesn't have. So I would find one. Wrong.. I have been a stay at home mom since I was 17 and I have no skills. So we continue looking. But can't make rent and end up with landlords at our door saying were getting evicted. No wanting eviction on my record we sold everything we could and moved to an apartment. We've been here about a month my SO found a job. then got laid off. I can't afford cable so we watch DVDs. Can't afford gas so I can't look for a job. But I have my phone and the internet so I look through that. He has an interview next week but its not soon enough. We literally have nothing. I went to the neighbors that I don't know to get sugar for loop aid for the kids and milk for our scrambled eggs. We had 6 eggs. And that is not enough for. Full grown man and 2 kids. So I acted like I wasn't hungry. I'm STARVING!! I'm in my bedroom bc I can't even watch them eat. I'm so sick of trying to pull myself up Nd it not working. I seriously feel like I'm done trying but I can't because of my kids. I STOLE muffins for our breakfast. And we had ramen noodles for lunch for the third day in a row. I really need a job!!. I've cleaned 2 houses the last week for $20. Anyone that has been in this position please tell me how it gets better bc I just can't get up.

Edit** I am NOT a troll or a scammer. I am not lookingfor money or for people to buy or give me anything. I posted because I don't want to look weak to my family so I vented here. Enough with the troll and scammer comments. I don't want your money
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Replies (1-10):
lilwhaley04
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Get food stamps or wic. There are programs to help you. Or go to churchs and ask for help. Most have food boxes to hand out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM

this...if your situation is as bad as you say you shouldn't have any issue getting FS or some kind of assistance till you get back on your feet

Quoting lilwhaley04:

Get food stamps or wic. There are programs to help you. Or go to churchs and ask for help. Most have food boxes to hand out.

crescentstar2
by Anne on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Food bank 

ColorMeCrazy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Get government aid, that's what it's there for. Food, health insurance, rent assistance, daycare assistance, WIC....get it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Go to a food bank. You can also apply for cash aid and food stamps. What state are you in? I can help point you in the direction you need.
roardiva
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Food bank, unemployment, Wic, food stamps, tanif, and temp agencies for work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I've thought about it but the public aid office is about 20 minutes and my car won't make it and I don't know anyone around here. And to be honest I M completely embarrassed to go to a church

Quoting lilwhaley04:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I've thought about it but the public aid office is about 20 minutes and my car won't make it and I don't know anyone around here. And to be honest I M completely embarrassed to go to a church

Quoting lilwhaley04:

JLS2388
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:07 PM

If you go up to the welfare office, they will provide you with emergency assistance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Food banks, call some churches and ask for help. Family to borrow money or food, apply for state help swallow your pride and do what is needed for your family

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)