Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teachers,Soldiers wives, and retail workers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
Why oh why do you (they) go into a profession, job or relationship knowing the obstacles bad pay, long hours, long abscences, holiday work hours etc. and cry poor me. Not all but a lot do and many people agree with them.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT NORMAL VENTING IT'S FOR THOSE THAT ARE ALWAYS EXPECTING OTHERS TO FEEL BAD FOR THEM AND THINK THEY ARE OWED SOMETHING BECAUSE OF THE CHOICES THEY MADE.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:09 PM
I don't get it either :/
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM

eh, dh is a firefighter  / paramedic.  no one here is bitching about his schedule.  he knew what he was getting into when he joined the department, and I had a pretty good idea what I was getting into when we started dating.  if he's working on a holiday, we celebrate a different date.  for example, Christmas morning here is the 1st morning he wakes up at home on or after 12/25.  I want him to be there to see the kids' faces when they wake up.

addiecakesmommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Because it's easy to get in to that type of work? 

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM
4 moms liked this

My husbands in the Army and so was I. I think everyone has the right to complain...its called venting. If they do it all the time that shit can get annoying lol.

kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband came into the military because it was the only way to get his daughter medical insurance when he was 17, (yes he started early). He doesn't complain about much of it though, he knows what he did and he stays in, mostly for the retirement. He's only got 7 years left and now the Bastard President wants to take that away from them.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
So now nobody is allowed to bitch about their jobs/SO's job?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM
I agree. No one got into these to get wealthy. Though my take home pay has actually gone down due to increases in how much is taken out for retirement and salary freezes (third year). I am not poor by any means. I love my job. DH and I were saying if we won the lottery ( last week) we'd keep our jobs. We pay our bills and then some. Though I do think it's ironic you lumped a profession requiring at least a bachelors degree and continued professional development with things most 16 year olds are able to do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM
I understand complaints now and then. That's only human nature. Some just take to the extreme and always cry poor me. I think people should choose more wisely the jobs they plan on having to support the families and lifestyle they want. If they truely are so miserable with known job complications beforehand.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

My husbands in the Army and so was I. I think everyone has the right to complain...its called venting. If they do it all the time that shit can get annoying lol.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM

So true...I think some people are natural complainers...they are always looking for someone to pity them. I have a few of those on my facebook lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand complaints now and then. That's only human nature. Some just take to the extreme and always cry poor me. I think people should choose more wisely the jobs they plan on having to support the families and lifestyle they want. If they truely are so miserable with known job complications beforehand.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I did that because those are some of the more popular areas that complaints are high even though the expectations are well known before schooling, committing to or just settling for.

Quoting TheMrs407:

I agree. No one got into these to get wealthy. Though my take home pay has actually gone down due to increases in how much is taken out for retirement and salary freezes (third year). I am not poor by any means. I love my job. DH and I were saying if we won the lottery ( last week) we'd keep our jobs. We pay our bills and then some. Though I do think it's ironic you lumped a profession requiring at least a bachelors degree and continued professional development with things most 16 year olds are able to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)