Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow, how sad, I was reading another post..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And was surprised and saddened by the amount of racist there are on this forum. How very sad that more than likely these mother are teaching their children this hate.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Those actions, while devastating, do NOT justify racism. They justify your feelings of anger and fear. But not racism. Would you feel the same if you had been raped by a group of white men/or whatever your race is? Would you be racist towards whites/your race? Would you feel the same if your family was robbed by whites/your race? Would you be racist towards whites/your race? Just because someone of a different race did something heinous doesn't mean people of that different race are not equally mortified. We don't give free passes to commit crimes just because we share ethnicity. Any decent person of any race will feel equally horrified by actions such as what happened to you. When you lump people together and put them into the same box that makes you racist - but it does not make you JUSTIFIED.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raped by a group of black men, I feel my racism is justified. My family was robbed by Mexicans, hundreds of thousands in property damage and loss, again, I feel my racism is justified. I'm currently being stalked by a black man I've only ever come into contact with on city transit, police won't do anything until he physically harms me or my family, my racism is perfectly justified.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM

So...my husband, who fought in a war for you, is not respectful? Is he less of a person? Which job of yours did he steal?

My husband was born here in the United States, and even if he weren't, he is still a good man. In face, he treats me better than any "white" guy ever has. In fact, I could say that I was raped by a white man so all white men are rapists. Your views are very skewed.

I don't blame an entire race of people based on their fuck ups. Just like I wouldn't want someone to base their opinions of me on my mistakes.

Quoting Anonymous:

It hasn't so far. I am a very happy and secure in my life. I am not the only one with these views so I guess I won't ever be lonely :)

Quoting Anonymous:

You desperately need to expand your small bubble. Such a narrow world view will hold you back in life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny because at one time I did. Until I met my dh I thought all men were douchebag cheaters. It is what it is. I do want to say that I am not racist towards all blacks like I used to be. I met some really wonderful black women who were amazing women. They really made me see not all black people feel this way. But I have yet to encounter a respectful hispanic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Silly, that's like hating every man on earth because you were cheated on by one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, this is my experience. I never said it was only those racists but it is what I have encountered. The only reason I even brought up hispanics is because of that other post. When you live in a town such as this, that is how you think. Again, only to those who deserve it. So yes if you act like an entitled dipshit I will be racist to you too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, because only those races do those things.. Would it be better if people that are here legally did those things??

Quoting Anonymous:

Get prepared to read fast because this is liable to go POOF like my other comments. Before you get offended just remember you asked.

I am racist towards the hispanics who come here illegally, have a million kids and then expect the american people to take care of them. I am racist towards the hispanics who think its ok to stare at teenage girls and yell and whistle at them. I am racist towards the hispanics who get drunk and then tear shit up around my town. Just so you see I am not racist to just hispanics, I am also racist towards black americans who think that I owe them something. If these people are going to act like entitled dip shits than yes I will be racist.

Its crazy how one small town who had a handful of blacks and hauled hispanics in to work at one of the only factories because the company knew they would work cheaper can ruin how I see them all huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

What does that mean? Who deserves that?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am only racists to the ones who deserve it.

Teacher101
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I work in a high school classroom and the racism shocks me. I wasn't raised that way, and I assumed the generation of kids I teach would be better.... Scares me really.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Are you "racist" towards white people who act like dipshits? Or are they just considered a bad apple?

Quoting Anonymous:

Again, this is my experience. I never said it was only those racists but it is what I have encountered. The only reason I even brought up hispanics is because of that other post. When you live in a town such as this, that is how you think. Again, only to those who deserve it. So yes if you act like an entitled dipshit I will be racist to you too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, because only those races do those things.. Would it be better if people that are here legally did those things??

Quoting Anonymous:

Get prepared to read fast because this is liable to go POOF like my other comments. Before you get offended just remember you asked.

I am racist towards the hispanics who come here illegally, have a million kids and then expect the american people to take care of them. I am racist towards the hispanics who think its ok to stare at teenage girls and yell and whistle at them. I am racist towards the hispanics who get drunk and then tear shit up around my town. Just so you see I am not racist to just hispanics, I am also racist towards black americans who think that I owe them something. If these people are going to act like entitled dip shits than yes I will be racist.

Its crazy how one small town who had a handful of blacks and hauled hispanics in to work at one of the only factories because the company knew they would work cheaper can ruin how I see them all huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

lol... karma is a you-know-what! All her grandchildren are going to be brown.

Quoting Anonymous:

You seem very limited from my side of the table. I feel sorry for your children. You are continuing the cycle of idiocy.

What will you do if one of your children brings home someone from another race?

Quoting Anonymous:

It hasn't so far. I am a very happy and secure in my life. I am not the only one with these views so I guess I won't ever be lonely :)

Quoting Anonymous:

You desperately need to expand your small bubble. Such a narrow world view will hold you back in life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny because at one time I did. Until I met my dh I thought all men were douchebag cheaters. It is what it is. I do want to say that I am not racist towards all blacks like I used to be. I met some really wonderful black women who were amazing women. They really made me see not all black people feel this way. But I have yet to encounter a respectful hispanic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Silly, that's like hating every man on earth because you were cheated on by one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM
I'm the same way.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

I will admit to a small amount of racism, kind of. But mine isn't so much the race, it's the thuggy looking people (white, black, color doesn't matter). If I see a group of men that look like a bunch of thugs, I get nervous. Is it wrong? Maybe, but I can't help it.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Prove it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh, no.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Everyone is a little bit racist.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM
O m g...duh. Lol

Quoting ebbierowe:

Black History Month.....

Quoting Anonymous:

What's February?

Quoting ebbierowe:

Wait until February. Racist of all colors come out...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM

It's heinous to want to shoot anyone without justifiable cause. Crossing a border, as has been done for hundreds of years - before a border even existed, is not a justifiable reason. I'm from Phoenix. There's a lot of racism behind that self-preservation.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

That's not racism, that's self preservation.  The situation at our border areas is dangerous for American Citizens and the problem is essentially ignored by government and unless you live there and are dealing with the issue, I hardly think it's reasonable to condemn a person for wanting to be safe in their own home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well in that case it was definitely racism seeing as though they were saying things like all Americans should be able to shoot every Mexican trying to illegally cross the. border.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

True racism, in my opinion, is characterized by a desire to oppress or destroy another race, that is the original definition of the term racist.  It has been generalized, in recent years, even in the dictionary, to include characteristics that are more bigoted or prejudiced than racist. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well in the post I was reading, they were admitting that they were racist.. And what does it matter what race they are.. Racism is wrong no matter who it's coming from.. Matter of fact there is one in this post for your viewing pleasure.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

In all the years I have been on this site I have only seen two actual RACISTS on this site and they were both black, there are however quite a number of bigots and there is a distinct difference.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I'm appalled sometimes at all sorts of things some women on here may be teaching their children.

I'm not,by any means,perfect myself.We all screw up in various ways in raising our kids.Just like our parents did with us and their parents did with them,and so on.Nobody is perfect.

We can only hope that our children turn out better than us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Who doesn't get nervous around a group of men when you are a woman? That doesn't make you racist.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

I will admit to a small amount of racism, kind of. But mine isn't so much the race, it's the thuggy looking people (white, black, color doesn't matter). If I see a group of men that look like a bunch of thugs, I get nervous. Is it wrong? Maybe, but I can't help it.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Prove it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh, no.

Quoting winkyloafer:

Everyone is a little bit racist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)