Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD tried to BFed her brother

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My 6 year old tried to pretend to BFed her 4 year old brother. He went along with it until I put a stop to it. Apparently she was playing mother cat and he was a kitten. How do I explain that's inappropriate behavior? She thinks breasts are only for feeding babies and has no idea of the sexual aspects to them. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Hmm....just tell her its a no no and we don't do that at her age. I have no idea honestly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM
6 year olds have no sexual aspects to them at all, let alone her breasts. She learn that she's a sex tool soon enough, why make that a big deal? Just tell her that she shouldn't do that because she has no milk and you only breastfeed your own babies
lizmartinez
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Or tell her she can play BF her baby dolls, because they are her babies, but her brother is not her baby.
Kudos for teaching your children that BFing is natural and shameless :)

Quoting Anonymous:

6 year olds have no sexual aspects to them at all, let alone her breasts. She learn that she's a sex tool soon enough, why make that a big deal? Just tell her that she shouldn't do that because she has no milk and you only breastfeed your own babies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried not to but it's just not something you want to see. :/ She has no idea about what is sexual. She went to try and look on youtube, didn't even know she could search on youtube, guys in underwear. She thought it would be funny but was shocked when grown men appeared. Thank goodness she didn't click on any videos because she thought they were dumb. Apparently when she got the idea, she was looking at her brother in underwear thinking he was funny at thought seeing other people in underwear would be amusing. 

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Oh wow... Well you need to somehow explain to her that mommies should feed their babies with their breasts. And that any other time than a mom feeding a real baby, that they are private parts.. I dunno... Edit: or dolls too I guess. But only BABIES/BABY DOLLS you want to emphasize the baby-only part...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:56 PM

She hates dolls. Her brother refused a bottle and was intolerant of soy and dairy so I don't think she even knows formula exists. 

Quoting lizmartinez:

This. Or tell her she can play BF her baby dolls, because they are her babies, but her brother is not her baby.
Kudos for teaching your children that BFing is natural and shameless :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Oh wow... Well you need to somehow explain to her that only adult mommies should feed their babies with their breasts. And that any other time than a mom feeding a real baby, that they are private parts.. I dunno...

She just doesn't get the concept of privates at all. I don't know how to instill the idea with out so shame or guilt. She knows there are certain parts no one should touch but to her, her privates are no different than her hair or her feet. She doesn't get the idea that they're different. 

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Hmm thats going to be tricky then...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Oh wow... Well you need to somehow explain to her that only adult mommies should feed their babies with their breasts. And that any other time than a mom feeding a real baby, that they are private parts.. I dunno...

She just doesn't get the concept of privates at all. I don't know how to instill the idea with out so shame or guilt. She knows there are certain parts no one should touch but to her, her privates are no different than her hair or her feet. She doesn't get the idea that they're different. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Hmm thats going to be tricky then...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting xixCandyxix:

Yep. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:33 PM

So, not many people have many advice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)