Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Raising a child and working at Burger King

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this
Hey mamas i'm 19 years old, i have a 1 yr old girl. I know i don't have the best job, there is always this one girl on fb always talking about people that work in fast food places. Saying we can't take care of our kids, we don't make money, saying at least she don't flip burgers for a living, etc. Ok i don't plan on working at BK forever. I'm just trying to get some work experience while i'm trying to finish school. Ps: flipping burgers gets me and my daughter clothes, food, pays bills, and has gotten me a 2 bed apt.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Who cares. I work at subway and have 2 kids and a disabled dh. I also go to school full time. Its pays for what we need/want. Its something for now!
girlywifey
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would unfriend her. Life is too short.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone has to start somewhere. If it helps pay the bills right now, it is a good job. 

Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

At least you have a job and you are taking care of your child. I say fuck what she says 

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Good for you. Who cares what people think? The haters are probably SAHMs with no work experience that share their husbands income.

You do what you have to do.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I commend anyone who is willing to work whatever job they can to support their children. Good for you for having pride!

jakesmom323
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Don't be ashamed for being a responsible good mommy and supporting yourself. There are a lot of people out there that needs jobs and working at BK, you have nothing to be ashamed of;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Agree with what all the ladies above have said.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM

My mom was a teen mom and worked at bk, too. She went on to get a degree to be a dental assistant and moved herself up the career ladder. Good for you! Good that you have a job and are able to support yourself and your child. there is nothing wrong with working at a restaurant, even fast food. It's a good honest living. 

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My best friend has worked at McDonalds since 1981.  She has paid for two kids to go to collage and just bought her summer home here in TN with cash. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN