Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pack n play -edited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

Did/do you use one?  I never did with any of my kids. I always thought it was like a cage for babies.  DS5 saw his cousin in one and asked when she could come out of her cage.  Lol.  I never told my kids I thought of it that way. It was the first time he had seen one and he is the oldest of 3.

ETA: I should add we co-sleep and rarely travel.  I can see using it in some circumstances but my cousin abuses it and my neice was neglected in it so I just have very negative opinions of it.  I know none of you momma's do that and I'm sure use it correctly. ;-)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by Jill on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM

With our boys, no.  With the girl, she slept in one until she was 3.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
We did. Its easy to take with for over night trips. DS slept in his till he was 1 and he got a baby bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Yup I did, but only rarely as a play pen. Only after DS became mobile and I needed to get something done, and I didn't want him to get into stuff when I couldn't watch him. Other than that, I use it as a crib when traveling. It's been very useful to me. 

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM
With my son I did but not as a play pen, just as a bed he was able to use a long time lol. My daughter I haven't used one but I'm thinking of getting one since we will travel a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Yes our daughter sleeps in the bassinet.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I used them for all of my children, often, but we were out and about and also travelled a lot.  If you're a homebody then you most certainly can get by without them.

.Funfetti.
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Yup, with all my kids. 

My youngest son, 6 months old, currently sleeps in one every nite. He has a crib but we haven't made that transition yet. 

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Only while traveling for my kids(and only as a playyard if the place we were was not kid secured)....I do have one for a sleeping area for any visiting babies...

ShesALady
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Yup. It was my portable crib for vacations or holidays. Somewhere to lay baby down for a nap in. I also have dogs and I don't trust leaving my baby to lay on the floor by herself so if I have to go to the bathroom or something I'd put my kids in it for a minute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I used one for my son I did not have a crib when he was born so that is what he slept in. With my daughter i went out and bought a nice one and it is still brand new and she will be 3 in february. She didnt use it much by the time i put her in it she could climb out of it at about 10 months old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured