Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This touched my heart....

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 1 Replies

You don't see many children acting like this these days.

I was at work and we are running a toy drive and we are asking for toy donations for children who are less fortunate to have a Christmas.

Two days in a row I had 2 children that went up to my counter to pay for their stuff. 

The first child I asked if they wanted to donate and the child asked what can I get for them. I told them they can either buy a toy or donate cash if they liked. The child went back to the toy aisle and said "I like this toy, do you think the children you are giving these toys to would like this one?" I said yes, they will gladly appreciate it. He then put it on the counter and bought it and then put it in the bin.

The second child on the second day I asked him the same thing and the child had a lot of toys he was buying for himself he bought the toys and handed the toy he bought for himself and said this is what I want to give. 

It touched my heart that there are children who know the meaning of giving. They didn't think twice and wanted others to have a nice christmas too. It is so nice knowing that there are parents out there that are raising children right and not raising brats.

It just touched my heart so much to see a 5 yr old and an 8 year old just give to someone in need.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
secondboy2012
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Their parents are doing something right :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)