Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

working from home?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

do any of u fine ladies work from home if u do do u mind sharing what u do? how u got started? and average what u make? i want to get out of the call center and work from home ft

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a 6 month contract with Leapforce. I was a Search Engine Evaluator. I cant post the link on CM because they claim it's "spam".

I worked very part time and made an average of $700 a month. You dont have to be book smart, but you do need common sense.

This is a 1099 position btw.

toybar02
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM
they have a group on here for that, its called homemakers
Paparazzi5bling
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM

i do a direct sales company from home.  paparazzi accessories $5 jewelry.  i get to get out of the house away from kids and the husband for parties and events.  

notgivinguphope
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quoting BEXi:

I had a 6 month contract with Leapforce. I was a Search Engine Evaluator. I cant post the link on CM because they claim it's "spam".

I worked very part time and made an average of $700 a month. You dont have to be book smart, but you do need common sense.

could u message me the link ? and whats 1099 ? thnks!

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Sure I will.

1099 is Independent Contractor. You have to handle your own taxes.

Quoting notgivinguphope:

Quoting BEXi:

could u message me the link ? and whats 1099 ? thnks!

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Please message me.  I looked at the website, but it is not clear to me what it is you do.  Thanks

Quoting BEXi:

Jrogillio
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM
An old school friend works for a company called WEST AT HOME
It won't let me post the site either.

But it's "the company name" . Com

She answers calls for stuff like infomercials when ppl call to order and stuff like that. It's legit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I'm not supposed to discuss my work so I'm posting anonymously, but I work for a company that handles retirement accounts.  IRA's, 401K, TSA, ROTH IRA's, etc.  I had to work in the office for a year before I could begin working from home.  I now go in once a month.  I make $18/hr and save $1300 in gas each year by not driving in every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Bump
notgivinguphope
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not supposed to discuss my work so I'm posting anonymously, but I work for a company that handles retirement accounts.  IRA's, 401K, TSA, ROTH IRA's, etc.  I had to work in the office for a year before I could begin working from home.  I now go in once a month.  I make $18/hr and save $1300 in gas each year by not driving in every day.

did u need a degree? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN