Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working from home?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

do any of u fine ladies work from home if u do do u mind sharing what u do? how u got started? and average what u make? i want to get out of the call center and work from home ft

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a 6 month contract with Leapforce. I was a Search Engine Evaluator. I cant post the link on CM because they claim it's "spam".

I worked very part time and made an average of $700 a month. You dont have to be book smart, but you do need common sense.

This is a 1099 position btw.

toybar02
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM
they have a group on here for that, its called homemakers
Paparazzi5bling
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM

i do a direct sales company from home.  paparazzi accessories $5 jewelry.  i get to get out of the house away from kids and the husband for parties and events.  

notgivinguphope
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quoting BEXi:

I had a 6 month contract with Leapforce. I was a Search Engine Evaluator. I cant post the link on CM because they claim it's "spam".

I worked very part time and made an average of $700 a month. You dont have to be book smart, but you do need common sense.

could u message me the link ? and whats 1099 ? thnks!

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Sure I will.

1099 is Independent Contractor. You have to handle your own taxes.

Quoting notgivinguphope:

Quoting BEXi:

could u message me the link ? and whats 1099 ? thnks!

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Please message me.  I looked at the website, but it is not clear to me what it is you do.  Thanks

Quoting BEXi:

Jrogillio
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM
An old school friend works for a company called WEST AT HOME
It won't let me post the site either.

But it's "the company name" . Com

She answers calls for stuff like infomercials when ppl call to order and stuff like that. It's legit
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I'm not supposed to discuss my work so I'm posting anonymously, but I work for a company that handles retirement accounts.  IRA's, 401K, TSA, ROTH IRA's, etc.  I had to work in the office for a year before I could begin working from home.  I now go in once a month.  I make $18/hr and save $1300 in gas each year by not driving in every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Bump
notgivinguphope
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not supposed to discuss my work so I'm posting anonymously, but I work for a company that handles retirement accounts.  IRA's, 401K, TSA, ROTH IRA's, etc.  I had to work in the office for a year before I could begin working from home.  I now go in once a month.  I make $18/hr and save $1300 in gas each year by not driving in every day.

did u need a degree? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured