Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am sorry, but you're not a college graduate.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1039 Replies
7 moms liked this

I am sorry, but an associates degree or a certificate from a trade school, is not a college degree!!

I have had many friends, and their husbands posting that they "graduated college."  One even said, "Mom, you finally raised a college graduate."  I am sorry but your AA from community college does not make you a college graduate.  Going to Beauty School doesn't make you a college graduate.  Going to Culinary school, or automobile school, or any other technical school does not make you a college graduate.  I have taught at a technical school before, there is a HUGE difference.  I got my AA before I went on to finish and complete a college degree -- there is a HUGE difference. 

(I am not saying it's not something to be proud of.  It's a lot better then nothing, and even better than most.  But you are not a college graduate.  No college party, or gifts, or huge celebration!  I worked hard for 4 years, and now signed  up for another 3 years.  I have paid my "dues" and worked really hard to earn my college degree.  Your little "certificates" are not the same.  period!)  

I can't believe of all the post I have made on CafeMom over the last several years that this ends up a featured post!  I have always wanted a featured post.  I know, sounds stupid!  I just can't believe it was this post, of all the post I have made, this one became MY featured post!  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:40 PM
From an accredited school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM
114 moms liked this
Want a cookie? Just because you decided to go for longer doesn't negate their degrees.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Mmmkkkayyyy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM
65 moms liked this
An AA from community college does make you a college graduate. Don't you have graduation after you complete your courses? You aren't making sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
67 moms liked this
An AA is a degree earned from a COLLEGE. How is that not a college degree? My cousin got an AA in computer graphics. We attended her GRADUATION CEREMONY at the COLLEGE she earned it from.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Want a cookie? Just because you decided to go for longer doesn't negate their degrees.

They are NOT degrees.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
57 moms liked this
I think snobs suck donkey balls.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
31 moms liked this

For someone who taught at a community college you seem a bit oddly advised.

An associate's degree is a college degree. I'll agree that a certificate isn't comparable, but an AA or AS is indeed a college degree. I have no reason to argue it - I have no degree; my husband, however, received an AS before his bachelors and masters. It's a degree all the same.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, they are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

They are NOT degrees.  

proudmommy35
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
5 moms liked this
Oh Lord.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN