Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did the hospital you gave birth in have a nursery?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:25 AM
  • 63 Replies
I didn't even know nurseries still existed but my friend told me they did. At my hospital baby is alway with you unless they go to the nicu. I had a c/s and I still got my baby right after they sewed me up. Then they wheeled me back to my room. I loved my hospital maternity ward all the rooms are huge and private with their own bathroom and jacuzzi tub. I feel stupid for not knowing hospitals still had nurseries then again before cm I didn't know people actually had to pay money to give birth. (I'm from Canada, I knew you guys didn't have free medical but that part didn't click in)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM
No nursery at the hospital I gave birth in but there's another hospital right down the road from my house that has a nursery.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Not with my last one, 18 years ago.  The other 3 (30, 22, and 19 years ago) did.

Honestly, I WANTED a nursery.  I wanted (with the 4th one) a LITTLE time to myself.  The nurses wouldn't do ANYTHING with the baby, and told me I had to have someone there if I were to shower or something.  Well - couldn't do that, my husband had to be home with the other kids.  So, I spent a miserable 24 hours there until I could leave.

LucyHarper
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Yes, there was a nursery at our hospital, we also shared a bathroom and there were no jacuzzis.

kitchen.ninja
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
The hospitals I delivered at had nurseries. I did not utilize them though.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Yes. Didn't really use it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Yes, there's a nursery in the hospital we go to. We also have large private rooms and bathrooms but no tubs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Where I work there is a nursery. Any baby can go to it 24/7 and most parents use it. I did with my first one and my twins but not my others.

Djsgurltx
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Yes all the hospitals in my city have nurseries
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Not a traditional nursery, but there is a closed room right by the nurses' desk that they can take the newborns to if mom requests it or if baby needs close monitoring. 

marihla
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I believe we have some nurseries here too, but I'm not sure of any closeby me. If we had stayed more than two hours PP, our daughter would've been with us the entire time. The staff were also pretty great in fulfilling what I wanted/needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)