Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My mom drank with me and was drunk a lot while she was pregnant with me. Are you for real?? I don't speak to my mom I saw her in June for three days since I was 4 and my grandma that has raised me told me this. I'm just glad I don't have fetal alcohol syndrome :/ jeez that's messed up :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM
I wasnt being a bitch about it. I was being absolutely serious that some people don't find out they have the syndrome until they are older.

Quoting ohbamitsans:

No need to be a bitch I couldn't think of what it was called at the moment shesh

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. You should educate yourself because you actually may have it.... JS

ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Well what I've been told She does drugs and stuff when I visited her she was messed up on pills or something and asked me how my dad was doing (he's dead) :/

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Sh is not that responsible is she?

Quoting ohbamitsans:

I know right. She's not even a alcoholic so I don't see why she couldn't stop for 9 months. Explains why she lost her other 4 kids

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Thats messed up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Oh.. I don't know the symptoms but I might check it out I'm fine right now

Quoting Anonymous:

I wasnt being a bitch about it. I was being absolutely serious that some people don't find out they have the syndrome until they are older.

Quoting ohbamitsans:

No need to be a bitch I couldn't think of what it was called at the moment shesh

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. You should educate yourself because you actually may have it.... JS

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM
She's more into drugs. When I visited her I don't think she drink anything and if you're a alcoholic you have to drink all the time everyday right?

Quoting Sassy762:

How is she NOT an alcoholic????

Quoting ohbamitsans:

I know right. She's not even a alcoholic so I don't see why she couldn't stop for 9 months. Explains why she lost her other 4 kids

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Thats messed up

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM
I'm 17...

Quoting mummy1990:

It probably was a different time. They used to give women beer in the hospital so....not much was really known then.

Unless you're 16 or something....then year she a bitch....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM
What is homo milk?!

Quoting Retrokitty:

Lol sorry I lol'd at the alcohol Down syndrome.

Serious though my mom drank and smoked with me also.

She also put me on homo milk at 4 months lol. I'm alive yay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Oh my!

Quoting white_wolf454:

my mom smoked and did weed with me , while with my bothers she did meth both are perfect actually 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I would assume so.......I have no clue, I don't drink, lol

I googled this....

Alcoholism is very misunderstood by many people. Most people view a person as an alcoholic when they drink an alcoholic beverage daily. The truth is alcoholism is defined by the mayo clinic as someone who is dependent on alcohol.

People who suffer from alcoholism are suffering from a chronic disease and will continue to consume alcoholic beverage knowing the effects it can have on their health, work, relationships and finances. Alcoholism can consume he lives of the people suffering from this chronic disease.

There are various signs one can look for if you believe your loved one may be suffering from alcoholism.

These symptoms include, but are not limited to:

• Being unable to control the amount of alcohol consumed

• Hiding the fact they are drinking or hiding alcohol

• Problems in employment, relationships or fiancés

• A strong feeling to drink

• Black out episodes where they cannot recall aspects of their lives such as conversations or commitments

• Ritual drinking in which drinking is during set times of the day

• Mood swings when you are drinking or when you are unable to drink

According to a study performed by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) there are 5 types of alcoholism.

Young adult subtype: is one of the largest subtype and though they do not drink daily they binge drink when they do drink. This group made up of young adults who rarely will seek help for their type of alcohol dependence. Tend to be the group around the age of 24, which become alcoholics by the age 20.

Young antisocial subtype: May or may not have an antisocial personality disorder. Tend to start drinking around the age of 15 and are alcoholics by the age of 18.

Functional subtypes: Generally miserable aged adults, who are working, educated, and are in stable relationships. Functional subtype alcoholics usually drink every other day.

Intermediate familial subtype: Are those who have a family history of alcoholics. The intermediate group usually starts drinking by 17 and is an alcoholic by the time they reach their 30's.

Chronic severe subtype: include users of illegal drugs, has a higher rate of men and a higher divorce rate.

For some people to start drinking there may be psychological factors or social factors or a combination of both that would enhance one person reason to start drinking.

Social factors:

• Peer pressure

• Stress

• Alcohol comes freely

• Social acceptance

Psychological factors:

• Depression

• Low self-esteem

• Conflict in personal life

• Anxiety relief

The only treatments for alcoholism are intervention, detoxification, and rehabilitation. With rehabilitation being the longest and hardest step as it can last an entire life time.

Sources:

Mayo Clinic: Alcoholism

Google Health: AlcoholismWebMd: 5 types of Alcoholics Identified

Quoting ohbamitsans:

She's more into drugs. When I visited her I don't think she drink anything and if you're a alcoholic you have to drink all the time everyday right?

Quoting Sassy762:

How is she NOT an alcoholic????

Quoting ohbamitsans:

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Thats messed up

MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM
oh wow thats crazy. Sorry about your dad

Quoting ohbamitsans:

Well what I've been told She does drugs and stuff when I visited her she was messed up on pills or something and asked me how my dad was doing (he's dead) :/

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Sh is not that responsible is she?

Quoting ohbamitsans:

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Thats messed up

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Wow! My sis has done the same. Both her lil boys were taking away at birth . She was a drunk and a drug user as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)