Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Miscariage VS Labor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Do you feel that a miscarriage is virtually the same thing as labor? I'm meaning early miscarriage, and obviously aside from the pushing out of a full term baby, and dilating to "10cm" I'm meaning more towards the pains...

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by Erica on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM
If labor pain is as mild as my miscarriage was, i will be very glad. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I cannot say from experience but IMO they are not virtually the same thing. I would believe miscarriages to be more painful it not physically most definitely emotionally. Then again that experience may vary between women.

pattya925
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I had a very hard time coping with my miscarriage pain (I was almost 11 wks).  It def seemed to go through some of the same sequence as labor.  My pains lengthened in duration, increased in intensity, and came more frequently just like they would with labor.  Yes there is no pushing, etc.  I think the toughest thing for me was where I was mentally.  I couldn't cope with the pain, because I was trying to cope with the loss.  When I had my son (9+ lbs), I was able to cope with the pain much better because I knew that once I got through the process, I would see my son.  I don't know if this makes much sense to you... Just my personal experience.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:26 AM
No. Not even close. My cramps were pretty bad with my miscarriage, but NOTHING like full blown labor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I miscarried at 13 weeks. I then went on to have 5 kids. My miscarriage was just as painful as labor.

ncohetero
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Labor was so much worse for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcgilly25
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I wouldn't know, I've never miscarried.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I didn't have to push, but I had extreme cramping to the point that I couldn't get up.  I hurt everywhere.

Was it the same as labor?  Well, with my son labor was extremely painful and long.  With my daughter, the contractions weren't even as bad as my miscarriage.

So, I would surmise that answer is dependent on everyones individual situations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM
My first miscarriage was just as painful as very early active labor. My second miscarriage was a missed miscarriage and had to have a DNC. No matter what, emotionally it's tiring and physically painful both ways.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM
My miscarriage was no worse then a rough period. Labor on the other hand UGH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)