Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Overweight is not a synonym for lazy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

ETA:  A lot of you are missing the point.  This was not supposed to be a debate on what causes people to become over weight.  The point was, we don't know these women, or their backgrounds, and just because their overweight does not give us the right to judge or treat these women poorly.

I'm a little shocked by the excessive bashing towards overweight people.  Before you accuse me of being a butt hurt woman that suffers from being overweight - I'm not.  I'm perfectly average.

There are many reasons people are overweight that have nothing to do with being lazy or excessive eating.  Here's a short, non-inclusive list that can happen to anyone:

1. Depression

2. Stress

3. Medication

4. Thyroid issues

5. Slow metabolism or other genetic issues

6. Lack of exercise due to disability

7. Eating disorders

My point is - these women are still people.  They are mothers, daughters, wives, girlfriends, sisters, friends.  I know you can hide behind a computer screen and that makes the bashing seem okay - but it doesn't.  These are REAL people behind the other computers.  I hope you don't teach your children to say such things, and I hope that if your children experience some factors that contribute to being overweight, you aren't as heartless towards them as you are towards strangers.

Also - adding "Not to be rude, I'm really curious" doesn't make it any less rude.

That's all - have a great day.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Replies (261-262):
HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I am cusping on fat.  This is right before Isaac made landfall.  And lazy? Well, I've done the laundry, dropped off the school aged children, made beds, cleaned bathroom(just one) and am about to leave for a playdate with non-school aged.  Then I'll go volunteer at school(painting the ornaments I volunteered to help make yesterday), go back to get 3 yr old from friend's house, and come home to do more.

So in answer to your question, fatter than I would like to be and nowhere near as lazy as I sometimes wish to be.

Quoting Anonymous:

so do u fall in the catorgory of fat and lazy since your on the forums as well?

Quoting HousewifeNina:

I think internet forums attract an unnaturally high number of fat and lazy people bc I know neither in my daily life. Same goes for people w "disabilities."

mom1T2Ldh
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM

thank you I'm overwieght for my short height if I were taller I'd be ok but I have to work out find something that works to lose this weight and sometime I just don't wanna and I'm fine with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN