Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who is or has taken wellbutrin???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My doc percribed me wellbutrin last Sunday and I'm taking 100 mg 2x a day. I've been having headaches and there are times I feel worse than what I was before and then I'll have periods of feeling good.
Is this a cause of concern? I know it may take up to 4-6 weeks for it to fully start working but the headaches and feeling like I do is getting old. :(

Wonder if I should just stop taking it until I can go back and see the doc or just wait it out??? Idk, this is all so frustrating. =/
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_carmel
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I took it when I was around 12-13, made me feel like a zombie.

smurfy88
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM
I took it and got really bad headaches, so I asked for the XL brand that I only had to take once a day and then I realized it was also the generic brand that was giving me headaches so I requested name brand and I was fine after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM

My husband took it to quit smoking. He had no headaches. In fact, it put him in a good mood. I am sorry you are having headaches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Hmm...good to know. Maybe that's my problem. Thanks for the info.

Quoting smurfy88:

I took it and got really bad headaches, so I asked for the XL brand that I only had to take once a day and then I realized it was also the generic brand that was giving me headaches so I requested name brand and I was fine after that.
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I was on wellbutrin for about a year.......I didn't really have many side effects from it just that it stopped working and I was also on Lexapro so my doctor put me back on Celexa.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I took it to help me quit smoking, but had to stop when I started having suicidal thoughts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Yeah, it sucks because I want to be in a good mood, tired of feeling down and just blah. Could also be my period coming soon that's making me feel like this. I've only been on it 5 days, don't know if it can make a difference in that amount of time or not. *sigh*

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband took it to quit smoking. He had no headaches. In fact, it put him in a good mood. I am sorry you are having headaches.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I take it no problem. But if its giving you headaches call your doctors office before stopping it. They may just give you something else. I had a problem with one of my meds when I called an said it gave me headaches they gave me something else. But I also get migraines and we can't risk triggering one.
k_hall1784
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I did when I was 18. Stopped after a few months when I found out I was pregnant. Honestly, I never wanted to take an antidepressant ever agin. And never have. I have changed my eating habits, and exercised. It made a HUGE difference with my MD. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM
This isn't the first time I've heard that it stops working. Thanks for your info.

Quoting sweetmissy_05:

I was on wellbutrin for about a year.......I didn't really have many side effects from it just that it stopped working and I was also on Lexapro so my doctor put me back on Celexa.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)