Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you have a good Christmas when you were a Child ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

What were your memories?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerabitch69
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I always did.  I was spoiled rotten (still am) haha.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Decorating the house with my mom.  She was always into it when we were kids.  We'd make cookies and put them in Christmas tins for our neighbors and friends.  I really can't remember much about the gifts I got, but I always remember getting a tree and decorating the house with my mom.  Best memories ever.

kellymarie323
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
My best memory is my daddy. He passed away when I was 14.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:30 AM

We always had a great Christmas. My mom, sister and I made candy and cookies every year and we always did it together until my sister moved away. Now mom and I do it all but we still do every last bit of it together.

LilynAustin
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember one Christmas when I was 5.  We were spending our second Christmas on Kodiak Island.  My mom ordered my sister and I American Dolls.  My sister got Samantha, and I got the baby.  I got a bassinet, clothes, and a baby stroller.  I remember this Christmas so well.  Mostly because half of the stuff didn't get there, lol!  I continued to get Christmas presents into February because it took so long to ship to Kodiak.  :)

poshkat
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:32 AM
No. But we scored big at Chanukah. Best part is us trying not to crack up when dad did the prayers and yummy donuts
Eagle293
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Yes we had family get togethers every year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!! My dad loved Christmas!  We would get the tree and he had a rule that no one could start decorating till he put the first ornament on. So he would stand there with one ornament and a bare tree contemplating FOREVER it seemed as to where to put it. Just to tease us. lol. And always with Christmas music playing. The same with Christmas morning...he would sit there and say things like  "well I need bacon and eggs before we open presents..." just to make us squeal because we were so excited and impatient.  The whole time grinning at us. 

We didnt have real expensive Christmases but we always had a ton of gifts.  Seems like it would take us hours.  My mom even wrapped each little thing in our stockings.

Then we'd go to my Grandma's for dinner. 

I have great fond memories of Christmas when I was a child.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting beerabitch69:

I always did.  I was spoiled rotten (still am) haha.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firehorse13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Oh man, there are so many!

Making Christmas decorations to go on the walls with my mom.  We used to make tons of fudge, chex mix, cookies and other goodies to make party trays to take with us when we went visiting. We went to the family Christmas party on Christmas eve, ,and we were there til well after midnight. My dad putting up all the outside Christmas lights. Going to the dine in Pizza Hut (it was a tradition of ours), then going to the Christmas tree lot to find our perfect tree.  Setting up the tree with some music on, eating cookies and throwing tinsel everywhere. Christmas morning my parents would get up early and make a huge breakfast...we would all eat breakfast in our pj's and robes and then open presents.  Christmas day we would make visits to my dads parents, then go back up to my moms family for Christmas dinner.  I was definitely spoiled but I have a crazy appreciation for my parents now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)