Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How far along were you when you found out the sex of your baby? UPDATE!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

What is the earliest they can tell with a regular ultrasound?  I should be  15 weeks 6 days at my next ultrasound and I'm really hoping we can find out the gender so I can surprise DH and the kids on Christmas morning. When I was pregnant with my twins, I was 16 weeks 5 days when we found out they were boy/girl so that's pretty close but still almost a weeks difference.

Will it be too early?

*** IT'S A BOY! This is the pic from my ultrasound today! I am sooo excited and I can't wait to surprise DH and the kids on Christmas morning! I'm gonna frame this picture and then wrap it up and give it to him as a gift : )

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM
The day ds was born.
deviljrswifey
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM
usually 20 weeks. Chances are if they tell you earlier then 20 weeks its wrong. Well at least what i was told and the hospital i use to go to for ultra sounds they were not allowed to tell you 100% girl or boy since there was a chance of being wrong.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Well, I found out at 16 weeks with my boy/girl twins and they were right. And this baby definitely looks like a boy. No denying it. lol

Quoting deviljrswifey:

usually 20 weeks. Chances are if they tell you earlier then 20 weeks its wrong. Well at least what i was told and the hospital i use to go to for ultra sounds they were not allowed to tell you 100% girl or boy since there was a chance of being wrong.

AJB163
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
20 weeks with my first, and it was 100% accurate.

With this one I will find out at 20 weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommie1223
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I was 14 weeks with my first. It was a 3D ultrasound so that may have helped the situation. I am only 12 weeks and will be 13 weeks when i go for my 3D ultrasound. Hopefully we can see something!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM

bump

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I was 20w3d.

Fun fact:

We found out I was pregnant on my birthday and found out the sex on DH's birthday. :)

jynkx
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

i waited to find out at their births.  those are some of my fondest memories and i will never forget them.

lucsch
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM

At birth, 37 weeks, 37 weeks, and 14 weeks.

Congratulations!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Thank you : )

Quoting lucsch:

At birth, 37 weeks, 37 weeks, and 14 weeks.

Congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN