Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeless Begging ***POLL***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: how do you feel?

Options:

A

B

C

D

E

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 146

View Results

Do you feel bad regardless of their situation?

A: they disgust me and need to find help or go to DHS. I believe there is help for anyone who wants it.
B: I give change or whatever I can to help them they may have an excuse for being homeless
C: I do not help any beggers regardless.
D: I have no pitty for those people
E: see comment
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Bump
LectioDivina
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I give money, food and clothes whenever I can

atyou
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM
I used to buy "the shitter" Bk several times a week when I worked in the city.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I have some sympathy, and seldom give homless people money, except for an old regular I see all the time.  We usually run out of the gas station with gatorade and little snacks for him and he's always grateful and telling us stories lol.  It's a tough situation, but I can't possibly help every single person I see needs help.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

B. The world needs more empathetic people. 

fraujones
by Mommytron on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Also, people need to remember that some homeless are runaways from abusive homes. 

Jalestra
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I'll give food or clothes. I don't do money. In some cases I'll offer work, but not many. If I offer work and they accept, then of course they get money. 

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I feel bad, but at the same time I feel they could be doing something more constructive with the amount of hours they stand on the street corner asking for a handout. I have given them money before. I don't mind giving a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:56 AM

For those who say "they need to go to DHS" just so ya'll know...In some states, you don't get food stamps if your homeless and do not have a physical address. I faced this problem when I was homeless. I had no food. I hadn't eaten in 3 days, and I went in and applied. As soon as she asked my physical address and I told her "Um...I marked homeless lady. I live in a truck in the wal-mart parking lot" she handed me back my application and told me to come back in when I had a physical address to give her.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I send good wishes and give change if I can. Giving food, cloths or blankets are even better.

That said, there is one guy in Chillicothe who stands in front of the drive to Wal-mart. They did a story on him. They followed him home and found that he lives in a very nice house, nice car, and saw him in nice cloths. He's just a jackass who says he's an army vet. He wears ragged military surplus cloths when begging btw.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)