Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ask me anything,   I clean houses and offices. 

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
armstrong7984
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM

k same here

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM
How much do you charge to clean a two bedroom house?
Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have an idea for you that I have shared with the girls that work at my house.  Somehow, and I don't really know how, you need to expand your services to errand running, and nanny sort of services.  (Maybe only available to those who you clean for and if you are interested). 

The reason I say this is because I don't live anywhere near my family except my mother and she is  senior with cancer.  I have to drive her to her doctors appointments which are 2 hours away and am sometimes doing this twice a week.  There are days when I just can't possibly get home before school is out to pick up my kids and there's no transportation except cabs.  (And I'm not putting my little kids in cabs alone)  Also, they have after school activities that they have to miss because there's only one of me.  If I had an extra set of hands or driver, it would REALLY help me out...and I would be willing to pay someone to do this.  It's a service I would use probably once or twice a month actually.  And sometimes more... depending on the health of my mother.

Unfortunately that would cause my insurance to sky rocket and not quite the direction I am wanting to take but it is a great idea. 

Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the square footage? How often are you wanting it cleaned?

armstrong7984
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM

yes with my business i charge a flat rate, usually = 25 an hour. My problem is having people cancel after one time because they hadnt done the finances i guess, i was thinking of doing like a deposit and applying it to the following month if their still my client.

Quoting Lordgodempress:

Quoting Anonymous:

$1800/week, is that net or after expenses? What was the process of making it an official business? Are you incorporated or sole priororship? Are you licenced and/or insured? How did you find your employees?

I started cleaning houses about a year ago for extra income. Now I'm overwheled with too many clients and get screwed $wise with people canceling at the last minute. Do you have a cancelation policy? I only charge 10-12/hr, should I command more because I have more experience than when I started?

Sorry for the mispellings, I'm nothing without spell check.

Thats net .  I am insured and bonded.  I became an LLC recently   There is not licensing in my city for this type of work but I am insured.  I started looking through Craigslist etc but my best employee used to be my supervisor at the last company I worked for ( it was a little awkward at first lol)  The other two were friends of DH.  I got very lucky with my employees.    I am in the process of implementing a cancelation policy because I agree the cancelations are riduculous.   Most of my clients are very understanding and offer to pay when they have to cancel.  I am still working on what the charge will be.     I cannot see doing this job for less than 20.00 an hour at all and make any profit.    If you are a business entity then yes, you should charge at least $20.00 an hour

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM
It's about 800 sq ft. And only once. A move out cleaning.

Quoting Lordgodempress:

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the square footage? How often are you wanting it cleaned?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Are you allowed to clean children's rooms?  I will not allow our cleaning lady to clean my boys bedrooms, she only does the downstairs

MamaFLgurl
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Has any of your clients ever been rude to you?

Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Quoting armstrong7984:

yes with my business i charge a flat rate, usually = 25 an hour. My problem is having people cancel after one time because they hadnt done the finances i guess, i was thinking of doing like a deposit and applying it to the following month if their still my client.

Quoting Lordgodempress:

Quoting Anonymous:

$1800/week, is that net or after expenses? What was the process of making it an official business? Are you incorporated or sole priororship? Are you licenced and/or insured? How did you find your employees?

I started cleaning houses about a year ago for extra income. Now I'm overwheled with too many clients and get screwed $wise with people canceling at the last minute. Do you have a cancelation policy? I only charge 10-12/hr, should I command more because I have more experience than when I started?

Sorry for the mispellings, I'm nothing without spell check.

Thats net .  I am insured and bonded.  I became an LLC recently   There is not licensing in my city for this type of work but I am insured.  I started looking through Craigslist etc but my best employee used to be my supervisor at the last company I worked for ( it was a little awkward at first lol)  The other two were friends of DH.  I got very lucky with my employees.    I am in the process of implementing a cancelation policy because I agree the cancelations are riduculous.   Most of my clients are very understanding and offer to pay when they have to cancel.  I am still working on what the charge will be.     I cannot see doing this job for less than 20.00 an hour at all and make any profit.    If you are a business entity then yes, you should charge at least $20.00 an hour

I have had that happen a few times but usually I dont have any trouble replacing them.   I  wouldn't say that has been a huge problem for me.   There has been a problem with people canceling service and then realizing they couldn't live without it and get mad when their time slot is gone lol.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:41 PM

What do you charge? My lady charges $15 an hour, I love her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN