Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ladies if you can only afford to give used toys or clothes to the Angel Tree..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Don't bother. Just don't take a tag, it's that simple. Angel tree/TFT are for people to give new toys or clothes to children who may not get much on Christmas morning. They do not want you old, worn out clothes and raggedy stuffed animals. 

EDIT: I do not (and never did) have to use Angel tree ot TFT.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jojo827:

My EX husband is no longer a part of our lives. And unfortunately I've had a rough year, even a couple deaths in the family. Just because I need angel tree for 2 years in a row it does not mean I will use it my whole life

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jojo827:

I guess you didn't know that Christmas comes around the same time every year. You planning on signing up for the Angel Tree every year while your loser husband is in jail?

That's not the way you worded it earlier, but it's always interesting to see how the stories change once people are called out for their bullcrap.

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:32 PM
What is an angel tree?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkik526
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM
Your DEAD WRONG lady!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

idgaf what the kids taste is.... parents need to put the kids in place and stop letting them think they can get what their parents can't afford.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Really? How do you figure? Are you saying children do not like shiney new toys, that have not been handed down from who know how many other kids, and have something that they can call their very own??  Right, I'm wrong.

Quoting nikkik526:

Your DEAD WRONG lady!

smushy79
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM
What state are u in? You can pm me if ya want!

Quoting sadeyez11:

It might fit the baby. if not now by february. thank you. thats super sweet of you

Quoting smushy79:

I have 3T clothes. Would those help you at all?

Quoting sadeyez11:

Yes i do. my oldest son is in 7-8 and my baby boy is in 18-24mnths

Quoting smushy79:

You have a boy right?? Looking at your profile pic, lol. What size does he wear?

Quoting sadeyez11:

Honestly i wouldnt mind grntly used clothes and toys for my kids. they are not getting anything so even a used toy would brighten their christmas

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM
i think the angel trees are crap... the gifts asked for are always the expensive stuff... im sorry if my own kids dont have a wii im not buy one for your because your "in need". And the great amazing parents are usually grateful for anything they are given.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I would never give used gifts for an Angel Tree. Who does that? If you can't afford to buy a new gift why would you take a wish off the tree? Who takes a wish and sees that it says a pair of pants and says "oh, I'll just stop by the salvation army and see what I can find?" I'm sorry, but I would judge the ungrateful recipients AND the tacky tightwads who gave the gift.

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Nice try, my kids got from a charity this yr for Christmas. They got new and used toys (the place buys for the kids but also give each parent(s) a black trash bag to fill with the used items that were donated used items that fill a whole gym from a old school), they were happy to have the used toys and will be happy to get the new ones on Christmas morning. My boys are being tought to be thankful for anything and everything they get!

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? How do you figure? Are you saying children do not like shiney new toys, that have not been handed down from who know how many other kids, and have something that they can call their very own??  Right, I'm wrong.

Quoting nikkik526:

Your DEAD WRONG lady!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Why do they already have the used toys?

Quoting nikkik526:

Nice try, my kids got from a charity this yr for Christmas. They got new and used toys (the place buys for the kids but also give each parent(s) a black trash bag to fill with the used items that were donated used items that fill a whole gym from a old school), they were happy to have the used toys and will be happy to get the new ones on Christmas morning. My boys are being tought to be thankful for anything and everything they get!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nikkik526:

Your DEAD WRONG lady!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN