Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ladies if you can only afford to give used toys or clothes to the Angel Tree..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Don't bother. Just don't take a tag, it's that simple. Angel tree/TFT are for people to give new toys or clothes to children who may not get much on Christmas morning. They do not want you old, worn out clothes and raggedy stuffed animals. 

EDIT: I do not (and never did) have to use Angel tree ot TFT.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (191-198):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM

It is very sad that all Christmas has become is nothing but "money"! The past few years I've looked at the Angel tree all the stuff the parents are asking for are, xbox,xbox games, bikes, things that are way over 50 bucks! No one is asking for items that are affordable. MAYBE if the tree and other places asked for gently used items, people would be willing to help out more.

Yes, I can afford items for my children for Christmas, however I am not going to buy someone elses child an xbox or a bike. I however wouldn't mind buying clothes/jackets/cheaper toys, but I have yet to see those items being asked for.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

It is very sad that all Christmas has become is nothing but "money"! The past few years I've looked at the Angel tree all the stuff the parents are asking for are, xbox,xbox games, bikes, things that are way over 50 bucks! No one is asking for items that are affordable. MAYBE if the tree and other places asked for gently used items, people would be willing to help out more.

Yes, I can afford items for my children for Christmas, however I am not going to buy someone elses child an xbox or a bike. I however wouldn't mind buying clothes/jackets/cheaper toys, but I have yet to see those items being asked for.

Hmm, I haven't seen any of those items being asked for on the angel trees here.

What I did pick, was a 7 year old girl asking for a strawberry shortcake doll collection (got it for $20) and the 5 year old girl was asking for a Dora the Explorer toy.

pce68
by Patti on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I don't know about the Angel Tree, but Toys For Tots will not accept used toys. They require donations to be a new, unwrapped toy.

Quoting LucyHarper:

I can say as someone who used to get toys from the angel tree that you are dead wrong. When you are a kid who has nothing, everything counts. If people do what you say, there will be a whole lot of kids with absolutely nothing on Christmas. I would rather get an old toy and used clothing then nothing at all.

pbcb
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Neither have I.  We have a Giving Tree up at my work and there are no high ticket items at all.  Most of them are simple things to have fun with.

Quoting AVSpecWife4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm, I haven't seen any of those items being asked for on the angel trees here.

What I did pick, was a 7 year old girl asking for a strawberry shortcake doll collection (got it for $20) and the 5 year old girl was asking for a Dora the Explorer toy.

helema24
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

id take gently used cloths...

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

jojo827
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I never changed the story. I said their dad is in prison and I have no help, then I said he isn't part of our lives. Both of which are true. Go bully someone else

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jojo827:

My EX husband is no longer a part of our lives. And unfortunately I've had a rough year, even a couple deaths in the family. Just because I need angel tree for 2 years in a row it does not mean I will use it my whole life

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jojo827:

I guess you didn't know that Christmas comes around the same time every year. You planning on signing up for the Angel Tree every year while your loser husband is in jail?

That's not the way you worded it earlier, but it's always interesting to see how the stories change once people are called out for their bullcrap.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I don't agree with you. If someone has a gently used you, I don't see the problem in it.
Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I honestly wouldn't know and won't assume what type of road these people who put their kids on the Angel Tree are on in life.

Unless you know for a fact that they're all crack heads, you're simply demonstrating exactly what I have known you felt about them to begin with--judging them with your assumptions only.

Quoting Anonymous:

You asked if I think these people are crack heads.  I said that the people in my neighborhood aren't poor because they have jobs and work.  (It's because they are drug addicts) I then asked if the people in your neighborhood are higher quality poor people because that's who the people on the trees around here are.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

At this point, I'll be honest--I have no clue what the heck you're talking about anymore.

You said you don't support crack heads. I asked if you assume all people needing assistance at this time of year were crack heads.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well the ones in my neighborhood certainly aren't penniless because they are well educated,  intelligent,  hard working taxpayers.  Perhaps you live in Beverly Hills and the angel tree people only make $500K.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

So then, I am guessing you assume that people who are have their children on these charities are crack heads?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, but I have better things to do with my money than support crack heads.  If you want to waste yours supplementing their habits, then have at it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN