Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ladies if you can only afford to give used toys or clothes to the Angel Tree..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Don't bother. Just don't take a tag, it's that simple. Angel tree/TFT are for people to give new toys or clothes to children who may not get much on Christmas morning. They do not want you old, worn out clothes and raggedy stuffed animals. 

EDIT: I do not (and never did) have to use Angel tree ot TFT.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
autodidact
by Snarknado on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

those are the rules in your queendom of Bitchlandia, but here in our world we have compassion. You going to try and tell me how I can spend my money? 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think angel tree, toys for tots and all if that should be stopped. If you can't afford a gift for your kid then they don't get anything.

endoftheworld
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel very sad for your children if that is how you raise them. Around my house, we help out others and give whenever we can, we always try to do the right thing, we always help, and we are greatful to have what we now have, and feel lucky and blessed to be able to help others not just around the holidays, but whenever we can. The good feeling you get is more than worth it. This is how my children have been raised and how I was raised, how my parents were raised, and how my grandparents were raised.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think angel tree, toys for tots and all if that should be stopped. If you can't afford a gift for your kid then they don't get anything.

KME3
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
I thought the angel tree and other places only took brand new things. I tried to donate to one place, forgot which one, and they said only new items... I just dropped a ton of stuff at good will though...and I STILL have to go through the girls' room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly i wouldnt mind grntly used clothes and toys for my kids. they are not getting anything so even a used toy would brighten their christmas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Exactly! I agree 100%.
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Man. There are so many cold hearted women on this site.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET! New toys are for my kids and if I have enough money I'll give what I can.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM

wow not all used items are bad  a little judgemental ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

then their parents need to figure out how to give their kids a nice holiday on their own.
cableknit
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I agree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I agree 100%

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN