Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ladies if you can only afford to give used toys or clothes to the Angel Tree..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Don't bother. Just don't take a tag, it's that simple. Angel tree/TFT are for people to give new toys or clothes to children who may not get much on Christmas morning. They do not want you old, worn out clothes and raggedy stuffed animals. 

EDIT: I do not (and never did) have to use Angel tree ot TFT.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I agree.  You know when I get home (I'm out of town) I'm going to Wally World with my kids and buying a couple of nice pet beds and doggie/cat toys for the shelter.  I think I'll call them now and see if there's anything else they need.  THanks for the idea! :)

Quoting wkukid:

You know what, I was gonna do angel tree this year instead of donating to the humane society. But I now think the animals deserve charity more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Those types of items wouldn't be given to the family anyway. Only new items in the package or with tags. So if you donate those kinds of items, the people at the organization will use donation money to buy for the child.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Well that means fewer kids get stuff.

The selfishness of people is unreal

Quoting azpreemiemom:

If you don't have it, then don't give it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET! New toys are for my kids and if I have enough money I'll give what I can.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Our local place asked for gently used clothing and toys. I gave them willingly a ton of clothes...all very gently used because my kids grew out of them way too fast a ton with tags still on them.

I got from the angel tree once... it was used clothes and toys for dd.... and I was so grateful to have something I proudly wrapped them and then proudly put her in the clothes... she still has the books and dolls from that Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Here we go again with the ungrateful beggars complaining about FREE gifts!

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Who would do that? LOL. 

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You can go and pick up a list of things they need. We donate 100 dollars worth of items and donate a 150 dollar check every year.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree.  You know when I get home (I'm out of town) I'm going to Wally World with my kids and buying a couple of nice pet beds and doggie/cat toys for the shelter.  I think I'll call them now and see if there's anything else they need.  THanks for the idea! :)

Quoting wkukid:

You know what, I was gonna do angel tree this year instead of donating to the humane society. But I now think the animals deserve charity more.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM
And my gratefulness wouldn't be dependent on a gift being new.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Beggars can't be choosers, in other words...yes?

Never say never. IE...you never know when one day you might be in their position for whatever the reason might be and then hopefully, you'll find your compassion and understanding.

Quoting Anonymous:

You know what, if you're begging ,you have no right to sit there be choosy. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHATEVER YOU GET! New toys are for my kids and if I have enough money I'll give what I can.

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

After seeing your other comment about the dildo, I won't respond further.

You really are a twisted little fuck, huh?

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Never say never. IE...you never know when one day you might be in their position for whatever the reason might be and then hopefully, you'll find your compassion and understanding.

Quoting Anonymous:

Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM
It is incredibly selfish that someone thinks charity given from the heart isn't good enough if it isn't new.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

After seeing your other comment about the dildo, I won't respond further.

You really are a twisted little fuck, huh?

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN