Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If a couple had a surrogate mother, who do you throw a baby shower for *update*

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 527 Replies
3 moms liked this

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

**wow! this is the 3rd post of mine in 6 months that has been featured on the the front page of cafemom.

=D

**why do you ladies assume that the surrogate gets paid? that's not always true.

I never got paid when I was a surrogate. Honestly, I got a thank you card and they took me out to a restaurant because that's the only thing they could afford.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
13 moms liked this

The couple who's having the baby

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
46 moms liked this

Well of course the shower would be for the parents...the surrogate is most likely ver y well compensated.

Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:41 PM
47 moms liked this
The baby stuff should go to the parents and if I were attending a shower with a surrogate, I would get her something to help with labor or relax her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
31 moms liked this

The parents get the baby shower, not the surrogate. Although it would be sweet to give a gift card or something to the surrogate as well for dinner or a spa service for after the baby is born if you chose to do so.

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM
4 moms liked this
You would throw the shower for the parents. I have a friend who was a surrogate and she was invited to it, but it was for the parents to be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM
4 moms liked this
The baby stuff goes to the parents who get the baby. The surrogate gets paid often but not always. A small gift such as nice lotion, bubble bath or maybe comfy PJ's would be sweet but not necessary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela6296
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM
4 moms liked this
I would say the shower is for the mother/parents, not the vessel. However, if they know each other and are comfortable, they could have the surrogate attend and give her some gifts of appreciation too.
Jade89
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
The couple who the baby is for.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NewMamaBoo
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM
17 moms liked this

Surrogate gets a thank you party! Cook her fav food and get her something sweet like a necklace. Then baby shower for the mama who will need baby stuff! Good call

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM
16 moms liked this
A baby shower is supposed to be for the baby but it would be nice to include both "moms"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)