Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If a couple had a surrogate mother, who do you throw a baby shower for *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

**wow! this is the 3rd post of mine in 6 months that has been featured on the the front page of cafemom.

=D

**why do you ladies assume that the surrogate gets paid? that's not always true.

I never got paid when I was a surrogate. Honestly, I got a thank you card and they took me out to a restaurant because that's the only thing they could afford.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
butterflycircle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The couple who is having the baby deserves the shower. What would the surrogate do with a bunch of baby stuff when she isn't keeping the baby?

The parents of the baby should/could do something nice for the surrogate, but why would she get a baby shower?

Melame68
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

you do a baby shower with both there but FOR the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

The surrogate is being paid for her services.  She isn't volunteering her services and I"m sure the parents of the baby will do something for her in private after the birth.

Quoting vinalex0581:

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
For the parents. Although if the surrogate is local I would def include her in the party, and the parents can buy her thank you gifts! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kats0711
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I say the shower is for the parents, baby showers are for the baby and they will be the one raising it. I do think it would be nice to give the surrogate something as well though.

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say the couple...maybe just give the surrogate a gift at the shower and some recognition.

RyansMom001
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

The couple.  The showers for the baby.  

colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

the surrogate should get something but the shower is for the parents of the baby. there the ones who need it,

Autumn19
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

no because she isnt keeping the baby. shes getting compensated from the parents so i would consider that the something she gets. kwim. so mom to be deserves it. maybe they could get their surrogate a push gift.

IQuitCounting
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

The couple.  Surrogates don't need any of the things a shower is for, and they are often either compensated monetarily, or if they're doing it out of love, they understand going in that it's not for themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)