Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If a couple had a surrogate mother, who do you throw a baby shower for *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

the couple who's going to have the baby or the surrogate who carries the baby for 9 months?

Doesn't the surrogate deserve something?

**wow! this is the 3rd post of mine in 6 months that has been featured on the the front page of cafemom.

=D

**why do you ladies assume that the surrogate gets paid? that's not always true.

I never got paid when I was a surrogate. Honestly, I got a thank you card and they took me out to a restaurant because that's the only thing they could afford.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Replies (521-527):
unspecified42
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Quoting little_buggie:

Quoting vinalex0581:

i didn't get paid.

Quoting little_buggie:

The couple HAVING the baby, surrogates are PAID very well.

That's YOUR bad, surrogates get paid VERY generously. I was offered 20k PLUS all my food, maternity clothes and anything else I may need related to the pregnancy. Then of course all medical was paid.

That was her 'bad'? lol

I've done both, personally. Neither way is 'bad,' but it's an ignorant assumption that all surrogates get paid, or that they get paid "VERY generously." My comp for my first surrogacy was well, well under what you were offered (by choice). It's not about money. 

lunababe3
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Well the PARENTS of course!

Ihold8Stars
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM
So if the surros doing it for free does that entitle her to a baby shower??

A baby showers for the baby- the surro isn't keeping the baby it's not her baby.

FACT most surros get paid lord if you were a surro you know this... So I don't think it's so ignorant an assumption.

The poster here was ignorant in her multiple attack like replies on anybody who assumed surros all got paid idk maybe the fact a google of becoming a surrogate will prompt you to applications and estimated amounts of pay or the fact anybody here who went to university and looked at the damn community boards read plenty of ads to sell eggs and surro for cash.

Had the question been should a friend or family member who surrogates be invited to the baby shower... Then the answers woulda been much different., most here I bet feel baited by OPs post considering she didn't add that she herself was a surro until after she started replying her cocky toned "I wasn't paid" replies!

Not once did she make an effort to educate anybody here on how it worked or who paid what even though she was asked... So who's ignorant?!

Quoting unspecified42:

Quoting little_buggie:

Quoting vinalex0581:

i didn't get paid.

Quoting little_buggie:

That's YOUR bad, surrogates get paid VERY generously. I was offered 20k PLUS all my food, maternity clothes and anything else I may need related to the pregnancy. Then of course all medical was paid.

That was her 'bad'? lol

I've done both, personally. Neither way is 'bad,' but it's an ignorant assumption that all surrogates get paid, or that they get paid "VERY generously." My comp for my first surrogacy was well, well under what you were offered (by choice). It's not about money. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM
What would the surrogate mother do with baby stuff?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I never said the surrogate should get a baby shower, m'dear. Lol. Just pointing out that your ignorant assumption was wrong. I've been a surrogate four times (delivering my fourth probably tomorrow:) ). I don't quite understand what money has to do with it anyway, but yes, your comment and assumption was ignorant, incorrect, and a bit offensive.

Quoting Ihold8Stars:

So if the surros doing it for free does that entitle her to a baby shower??

A baby showers for the baby- the surro isn't keeping the baby it's not her baby.

FACT most surros get paid lord if you were a surro you know this... So I don't think it's so ignorant an assumption.

The poster here was ignorant in her multiple attack like replies on anybody who assumed surros all got paid idk maybe the fact a google of becoming a surrogate will prompt you to applications and estimated amounts of pay or the fact anybody here who went to university and looked at the damn community boards read plenty of ads to sell eggs and surro for cash.

Had the question been should a friend or family member who surrogates be invited to the baby shower... Then the answers woulda been much different., most here I bet feel baited by OPs post considering she didn't add that she herself was a surro until after she started replying her cocky toned "I wasn't paid" replies!

Not once did she make an effort to educate anybody here on how it worked or who paid what even though she was asked... So who's ignorant?!

Quoting unspecified42:

Quoting little_buggie:

Quoting vinalex0581:

i didn't get paid.

Quoting little_buggie:

That was her 'bad'? lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:39 PM

So who paid for the medical expense's? How did you end up going about it was it your egg and his sperm or her egg?

celticgodess
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

The couple who's havng the baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN