Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

blonde level 6

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm so confused! I was platinum blonde when I was a kid. When I turned 13 my color changed to a mousey brown. I've had it professionally does since 16 lol. My hair dresser says I'm actually a blonde level 6. To me it looks brown.... what's the difference between the those colors? (Dark blonde and brown)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Bump because Google isn't pulling up anything and I'm confused!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I have no idea! Mine never really changed its really really blonde - hairdressers always told me it would get darker and it didn't. It's a little lighter than your pic. I wonder what level that is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM
I think blonde is strictly blonde. Any bit if brown is not blonde! I hate when girls say I'm a blonde, when they clearly have light brown hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
booboo_mama
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM
The level 6 is a dirty blonde it looks like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM
The color chart goes from 1-10. With 1 being black and 10 being blonde. There are some 11,12 and 13,s for platinum with different tones. It's just that your blonde is just around the middle of the color chart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Dark blonde usually has that "mousy" color,more so than light brown. The levels go through 1-10. 10 being the lightest. Dark blonde usually has a different cast to it, more like a silver one, which is why people compare it to "mousy" and "dirty dishwater." Lol

My hair is level 5 light brown. Dh's is level 6 blonde. The hues are definitely different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

My hair color is number 10
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Can you post a pic example? I can't find the level on Google mobile. To me it looks brown but the most I've seen since it changed is Luke an inch of my roots lol. We are going to slowly work back to it though :) but I want to know what I'm getting into!

Quoting booboo_mama:

The level 6 is a dirty blonde it looks like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Mine is way darker than yours! Assuming you're the girl....

Quoting Anonymous:

My hair color is number 10
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Dirty or dark blonde is still blonde. There is an actual chart that is gone by. It has to do with your underlying pigments in hair. Blonde has a different pigment in it tthan brown hair, so even really dark blonde hair is different than brown. 

Quoting macysmom:

I think blonde is strictly blonde. Any bit if brown is not blonde! I hate when girls say I'm a blonde, when they clearly have light brown hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)