Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weighted blankets

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

A freind of mine was talking about weighted blankets on FB today... While looking into them, I see that they are used for Autistic children which my child isn't.(Neither is hers)
Has anyone ever heard of them being used for other reasons such as just keeping a child more secure?
I'm interested because my 5 year old still doesn't stay in her bed all night. She will try to come in our room 1-2 times a night & I'm curious if this is an option for her

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
-42-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I don't believe that's what they're used for, but I could be wrong.

ruthallen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I know personally I have to have very heavy blankets to sleep well so it might help a kid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I have a child with aspergers. We just ordered a weighted blanket for him. The thing with the weighted blankets is that if you get the correct one for your child it will be based on your child's weight. They are not to be used to keep a child "held down" I've seen this a while back on here.  Yes they are to keep the child more comfortable, feel more secure and this in turn should make them be able to sleep better.

they aren't intended to be used for every child but I don't think it would hurt as long as its one that fits with your child's WEIGHT. Is the place you are getting a blanket from reputable?

ETA:

most  times these blankets are recommended by your child's pediatrician. They will also be able to recommend a reputable place to get one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured