Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Where does your SO work that allowed you to stay at home?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Replies (321-330):
ajrjj05
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

That's crazy! Tha's not helping someone that is robbery.

Quoting kaycersmom:

Hot damn, Thats good! We pay about 150 a week. . fml

lol

Quoting ajrjj05:

his montlhy fees aren't bad at all only about $36 a month

Quoting kaycersmom:

He worked in the shop for a long time and liked it :D. But he's been doing field work (commercial) for a few years now and he likes it better lol

LOL at the duck tape bandaid, my husbands had a few of those

He makes prevailing wage, I bet the benefits are way better in a union, ours are just ok and super expensive *_* lol

Quoting ajrjj05:

so your husband worked in side the shop? My husband helps run the shop when needed but he mainly is a field employee. He hates working inside the shop. He does the installing, connecting, fitting, ect. Plus the shop stuff. His hand really aren't that bad, once a great while he'll come home with duck tape finger ((a man's band aid..lol)). His hand are rough feeling though. 

He really likes his union they are good around here. Cause he is in a sheet metal union he can only work at union companies - he has been with the same one for 17yrs and plans on retiring from there-. He gets good benefits as well. He never had a issue with his union. How much do non-union workers make? He makes $32.and odd change a hour and gets a .50cent raise every 6 mos or so. plus when laid off he gets a check that covers his lost wages (they subtract unemployment, and give him the difference his paychecks would be)). Unions work for him :) I have heard of some horrible unions though.

Quoting kaycersmom:

No thank you! lol. Im sure the unions are great in some places. Here they are a bunch of whiny douche Bs :/

My husband did sheet metal for a long time, I thought he just put measurements in the plasma cutter lol . . .but his hands have been cut to shit over the years, how about your hubbys hands?

Quoting ajrjj05:

that is exactly what my hubby does :) Is yours union too? Great pay!! But as busting work even a .44 inch mistake throws off a project :/

Quoting kaycersmom:

Hvac

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

He's in the miitary. We're comfortable now, but even back when he was lower-enlisted and living paycheck to paycheck, I still couldn't have worked. His hours were all over the place, so I couldn't work opposite shifts. And with nothing but a high school diploma and no job experience, I couldn't get a job that even covered daycare expenses. We were struggling, but we had no choice because daycare for two kids would have cost all of my paycheck...AND some of DH's. When our youngest is in school I really want to get a job. The irony is I don't even need to work, I just want to, lol.

kaycersmom
by Katie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Amen! lol

Your screen name has my husbands initials and the year we were married lol

Quoting ajrjj05:

That's crazy! Tha's not helping someone that is robbery.

Quoting kaycersmom:

Hot damn, Thats good! We pay about 150 a week. . fml

lol

Quoting ajrjj05:

his montlhy fees aren't bad at all only about $36 a month

Quoting kaycersmom:

He worked in the shop for a long time and liked it :D. But he's been doing field work (commercial) for a few years now and he likes it better lol

LOL at the duck tape bandaid, my husbands had a few of those

He makes prevailing wage, I bet the benefits are way better in a union, ours are just ok and super expensive *_* lol

Quoting ajrjj05:

so your husband worked in side the shop? My husband helps run the shop when needed but he mainly is a field employee. He hates working inside the shop. He does the installing, connecting, fitting, ect. Plus the shop stuff. His hand really aren't that bad, once a great while he'll come home with duck tape finger ((a man's band aid..lol)). His hand are rough feeling though. 

He really likes his union they are good around here. Cause he is in a sheet metal union he can only work at union companies - he has been with the same one for 17yrs and plans on retiring from there-. He gets good benefits as well. He never had a issue with his union. How much do non-union workers make? He makes $32.and odd change a hour and gets a .50cent raise every 6 mos or so. plus when laid off he gets a check that covers his lost wages (they subtract unemployment, and give him the difference his paychecks would be)). Unions work for him :) I have heard of some horrible unions though.

Quoting kaycersmom:

No thank you! lol. Im sure the unions are great in some places. Here they are a bunch of whiny douche Bs :/

My husband did sheet metal for a long time, I thought he just put measurements in the plasma cutter lol . . .but his hands have been cut to shit over the years, how about your hubbys hands?

Quoting ajrjj05:

that is exactly what my hubby does :) Is yours union too? Great pay!! But as busting work even a .44 inch mistake throws off a project :/

Quoting kaycersmom:

Hvac

Anonymous
by Anonymous 69 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM
He's a pimp
jamieharper08
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Tugboat Captain

mayasmama11
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
We just recorded o holy night. He waited til 1 am when the baby FINALLY got to sleep (teething and trying to transition from formula to milk, not going well) to say he wants to record. Ugghhhh!!! Lol turned out ok I guess considering I am tired and have been sick. (Coughin, congestion, fun stuff)

Quoting AdellesMom:

Aww! I think that it's awesome that you all work together at times!

Quoting mayasmama11:

If u got two notifications its cuz I'm mobile and my phone went nutso and double posted. Lol I sing and occasionally record my own stuff with him, but its very rare so I don't know much about it.

Quoting AdellesMom:

That's true too. Nowadays, the producer is the engineer, technician, etc. Lol

Quoting mayasmama11:

According to dh, the producer is basically the one who tells how they want it to sound. The engineer is the one who actually makes it sound that way. His degree is in audio engineering. I donkt know anything about it really other than what he says.

Quoting AdellesMom:

That's called a Producer. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Music producer/engineer.- sorry had to edit cause he does wayyy more than just produce it. He fine tunes, tweaks, whatever the artist wants.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:47 AM

computers n stuff

samanthastaatss
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM

He works for his father's company and a part time job on the side for extra cash just in case. Before you bash, I work from home as well-just wanted to clarify that before the anons unleash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 70 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM

before we weremarried he worked in a plant that made the windows for the trump towers and for the new twin towers and now he is a welder working on the road dont wanna say the companys name but makes pretty good money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 71 on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Manager of a restaurant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN