Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Told my brother in law to grow up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My brother in law will be 25 in March. I've been with DH for 5 years now and in that 5 years he hasn't held down a job for more than a few months and then has extremely large spans of time in between jobs. He also lives with his mother in her 1 bedroom apartment (she won't let him be homeless and is a very good woman), doesn't drive, has no car etc. He recently knocked up his brand new girlfriend. She is supposed to be moving down here from Conneticut, but has to save to get moved down here. I brought him an application for the place I work because we have a job open. I told him to move fast on getting it and take it seriously because we need the position filled with someone who is going to work. He proceeded to tell me how he is supposed to go see his girlfriend and meet her mom and doesn't know how long it is going to take (could be a week could be six months). I looked at him with a straight face and told him he needs to get his shit together now because that baby will be here before he knows it and they don't come cheap. He didn't like that lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Shameless bump.

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM

he didnt like it but needed to hear it.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Nice. I wanted to say that to my x sil so many times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Yes he did.

Quoting ccnstanczak:

he didnt like it but needed to hear it.

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Eh. You were honest. Oh well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Hopefully he does grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

It just came out. I wasn't originally going to help him with finding a job, but I got to thinking about the poor kid that is doomed to have him as a father. The sad thing is he and I are only 3 months apart in age and I have all the things he is lacking except for a baby on the way.

Quoting Fields456:

Nice. I wanted to say that to my x sil so many times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Well honest would have been punching him in the face for not using a condom with a girl he barely knows lol.

Quoting marinesweetie:

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Thats being brutely honest lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Well honest would have been punching him in the face for not using a condom with a girl he barely knows lol.

Quoting marinesweetie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I did call him an idiot for it though. His face was priceless. He just told me I don't regret doing what I did. I laughed and said he would have regretted it had he contracted some nasty STD instead of simply knocking her up. 

Quoting marinesweetie:

Thats being brutely honest lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marinesweetie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)