Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Man kills baby, gets out of prison, kills another

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I wonder if the woman he fathered the second child he murdered knew of is past?

Man kills baby, gets out of prison, kills another

Posted: Dec 06, 2012 9:54 PM ESTUpdated: Dec 06, 2012 9:54 PM EST

Daron Davis (Sourc: WYFF)Daron Davis (Sourc: WYFF)

GREENVILLE COUNTY, SC (WYFF) - A man who killed his first daughter in 1995 and spent 11 years in jail was sentenced Thursday for killing a second daughter after his release.

MOREAdditional Links

Daron Duane Davis, of Greer, was sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.

Davis previously pleaded guilty to homicide by child abuse in the death of his child, Sondaria Davis. She died after being beaten a month before her first birthday.

Davis was sentenced to 20 years in prison. His girlfriend, Sondaria's mother, was also charged and was sentenced to probation.

Davis was released from prison in 2006 after serving about 11 years of his sentence.

He was arrested again in January 2011 after his 5-month-old daughter Keris Davis died of multiple head injuries from blunt force trauma and shaking.

At the time of Davis' second arrest, Thirteenth Circuit Solicitor Walt Wilkins said sentencing laws have stiffened since Davis' previous homicide by child abuse conviction.

"Now, someone who is convicted of this crime or pleads guilty to this particular crime must pay 85 percent and then they become eligible for parole," Wilkins said.

If the current sentencing laws had existed when Davis was first convicted, he would have been in prison through at least 2012.

On Thursday, Davis was convicted of homicide by child abuse. This time, he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

SICK POS

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Wow. Those poor kids. I really hope the mother of the second baby didn't know before hand.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM

So, I wonder if he was charged with murder the first time or just child abuse/battery?

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I have no words! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
What a fucking waste of tax payers' money! People like him need to be executed
rockyhugs35
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Disgusting. Those poor, poor babies :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:56 PM

what was the mother charged with? i mean, if she was involved, i could understand... but was she involved? did she know that he was abusing the baby? i'm glad that he's going to prison.. but 85% of 20 years isnt LWOP... its like 16 years, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM

He got 20 years for the first daughter he killed and served 11 years. They were saying the laws are different now and if they were then what they are now he would not have gotten out so soon. From what I understand, this time he got life without parole. Not so many years. Just life without parole. Why not the dealth penalty I don't know.

The mom from the first child got charged and sentenced to probation. I'm not sure of the specifics of her. It doesn't say anything about the mom of the second child.

Quoting Anonymous:

what was the mother charged with? i mean, if she was involved, i could understand... but was she involved? did she know that he was abusing the baby? i'm glad that he's going to prison.. but 85% of 20 years isnt LWOP... its like 16 years, right?

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
That's why you should run a background check. You just never know! Poor babies:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I'm not sure what he was charged with but he pleaded guilty to homicide by child abuse,

Davis previously pleaded guilty to homicide by child abuse in the death of his child, Sondaria Davis. She died after being beaten a month before her first birthday.

Quoting celestegood:

So, I wonder if he was charged with murder the first time or just child abuse/battery?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN