Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sad Christmas season :(. ****UPDATE-Please read!!!)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband of 14 yrs left us for his mistress in July. I was only working pt but immediately got a second job to provide for my kids. I have been doing really well keeping the bills paid, but things are still tight. I had started stashing money away for Christmas with my first check to make sure I was able to give them a good Christmas even without their dad. I had 600 saved and was gonna go shopping this week (they are 8 & 15 so I can't shop early because they find it) but this weekend the motor blew in my car so now I have to use that as a down pmt on another car. I am so lost, I don't know what to do. I tried to get a loan and was denied and it is too late to get assistance from angel trees or toys for tots.

I'm not asking for money or anything so please, no bashing. But prayers, good vibes, or whatever you do would be appreciated.

UPDATE! - apparently judging from the replies, there is another member asking people for money. This is NOT me. I haven't been on since I posted this and I have never asked anyone for anything. Im really sorry this is happening but I wanted to set the record straight.
Thank you to all who gave good advice and sent prayers, it was appreciated!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DayDreamer1201
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I am so sorry you're going through this mama! :( Prayers being sent your way!

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM
7 moms liked this

Just try to do some special things with them like make cookies or go somewhere fun. Gifts and material things aren't always the most important things. Hope things get better for you. Don't measure yourself as a mother by the toys you can or cannot buy them. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I'm sorry. I hope everything works out for you guys this year.

mopsmommy5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM
You could always call a local church in your area to see if they know of any help. Also a LDS church could help too! I'm sorry and praying you find help for your family! No bashing here, its hard here too!!
RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:02 PM
This exactly. Hang in there Hun ((hugs))

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

Just try to do some special things with them like make cookies or go somewhere fun. Gifts and material things aren't always the most important things. Hope things get better for you. Don't measure yourself as a mother by the toys you can or cannot buy them. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM
4 moms liked this

You don't need money to give them a good Christmas. It will only be a bad Christmas is it's spent sitting around pouting about presents and money, make the most of it and give them a fun Christmas they will remember.

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Nasty, much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad so sad we are going on a curise want a postcard from each port we dock at?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM
You arent going to get much of a car with $600 down. Why aren't you getting child support?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM

is there any way that your family could help out? just buy one thing for each kids?

maybe try to sell plasma. not much, but it helps a little... also- maybe if you explain to them that you cant get them a gift right now, but in a few months, you can splurge a bit and buy them something they really want? (tax season) hopefully they can understand it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM
5 moms liked this
I always wonder what makes people post insensitive stuff like this. Does it make you feel better?

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad so sad we are going on a curise want a postcard from each port we dock at?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)