Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad Christmas season :(. ****UPDATE-Please read!!!)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband of 14 yrs left us for his mistress in July. I was only working pt but immediately got a second job to provide for my kids. I have been doing really well keeping the bills paid, but things are still tight. I had started stashing money away for Christmas with my first check to make sure I was able to give them a good Christmas even without their dad. I had 600 saved and was gonna go shopping this week (they are 8 & 15 so I can't shop early because they find it) but this weekend the motor blew in my car so now I have to use that as a down pmt on another car. I am so lost, I don't know what to do. I tried to get a loan and was denied and it is too late to get assistance from angel trees or toys for tots.

I'm not asking for money or anything so please, no bashing. But prayers, good vibes, or whatever you do would be appreciated.

UPDATE! - apparently judging from the replies, there is another member asking people for money. This is NOT me. I haven't been on since I posted this and I have never asked anyone for anything. Im really sorry this is happening but I wanted to set the record straight.
Thank you to all who gave good advice and sent prayers, it was appreciated!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
mommybug77
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM
14 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad so sad we are going on a curise want a postcard from each port we dock at?

wow don't drown on that "curise" of yours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Sell some things. Scrap your car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I feel ya, I can't afford gifts for my kids cuz my iphone died and i had to get a new one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel ya, I can't afford gifts for my kids cuz my iphone died and i had to get a new one.
NVL0707
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
((((Hugs))))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I'm so sorry...can you do homemade gifts?  I would just let the kids know what is going on...I'm sure they will understand that you will all have to pull together.

amy1will
by Amethyst on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
That's just horrible. I will never understand why people have to be so ugly like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad so sad we are going on a curise want a postcard from each port we dock at?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you get seasick and vomit comes out of your vag!

momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM

call the school. My kids school is helping families out with christmas. I didn't even know about it until someone sign my children up, i got a call to come pick up paperwork, that was just 2 days ago. Call your kids school and see if they are doing something like that. My kids school has already helped like 120 families this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Uh yea. I need it for my work and my youngest dropped it in a glass of water which isnt covered by the protection plan.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured