Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sad Christmas season :(. ****UPDATE-Please read!!!)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband of 14 yrs left us for his mistress in July. I was only working pt but immediately got a second job to provide for my kids. I have been doing really well keeping the bills paid, but things are still tight. I had started stashing money away for Christmas with my first check to make sure I was able to give them a good Christmas even without their dad. I had 600 saved and was gonna go shopping this week (they are 8 & 15 so I can't shop early because they find it) but this weekend the motor blew in my car so now I have to use that as a down pmt on another car. I am so lost, I don't know what to do. I tried to get a loan and was denied and it is too late to get assistance from angel trees or toys for tots.

I'm not asking for money or anything so please, no bashing. But prayers, good vibes, or whatever you do would be appreciated.

UPDATE! - apparently judging from the replies, there is another member asking people for money. This is NOT me. I haven't been on since I posted this and I have never asked anyone for anything. Im really sorry this is happening but I wanted to set the record straight.
Thank you to all who gave good advice and sent prayers, it was appreciated!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM
How about stop being poor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Get a less expensive phone? They do have free phones too

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh yea. I need it for my work and my youngest dropped it in a glass of water which isnt covered by the protection plan.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel ya, I can't afford gifts for my kids cuz my iphone died and i had to get a new one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM
He is supposed to pay 400 a month but never does cause it's not in his and her budget right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

You arent going to get much of a car with $600 down. Why aren't you getting child support?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM
8 moms liked this
Okay, I had a very comfortable life before he up and left. How was I supposed to know that would happen after 14 yrs of marriage? I already had a job and immediately got a second in order to take care of my kids. It has been only been 5 months so I'm not quite where I need to be financially yet, but I pay my bills, take care of my kids and I'm not on any pa. Why be so rude to someone who is trying their best?

Quoting Anonymous:

How about stop being poor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Trust me, I have nothing left to sell. I sold everything I could when he left since he cleaned out the savings and most of the checking. I can't scrap the car because it was in both of our names and he won't give me the title-- says its "lost". I can order a new one but it won't be here in time. But thank you for the suggestions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sell some things. Scrap your car.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

'm so sorry :( prayers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I called the schools and toys for tots but bits too late. We live in a very small town so there really isn't much in the way of assistance.
I am very happy for your family though :) I hope your kids have a wonderful Christmas <3

Quoting momwith2monkeys:

call the school. My kids school is helping families out with christmas. I didn't even know about it until someone sign my children up, i got a call to come pick up paperwork, that was just 2 days ago. Call your kids school and see if they are doing something like that. My kids school has already helped like 120 families this year.

ginger813
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I'm so sorry that you're going through that:(  I said a prayer for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Thank you so much

Quoting ginger813:

I'm so sorry that you're going through that:(  I said a prayer for you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

'm so sorry :( prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)