Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sad Christmas season :(. ****UPDATE-Please read!!!)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband of 14 yrs left us for his mistress in July. I was only working pt but immediately got a second job to provide for my kids. I have been doing really well keeping the bills paid, but things are still tight. I had started stashing money away for Christmas with my first check to make sure I was able to give them a good Christmas even without their dad. I had 600 saved and was gonna go shopping this week (they are 8 & 15 so I can't shop early because they find it) but this weekend the motor blew in my car so now I have to use that as a down pmt on another car. I am so lost, I don't know what to do. I tried to get a loan and was denied and it is too late to get assistance from angel trees or toys for tots.

I'm not asking for money or anything so please, no bashing. But prayers, good vibes, or whatever you do would be appreciated.

UPDATE! - apparently judging from the replies, there is another member asking people for money. This is NOT me. I haven't been on since I posted this and I have never asked anyone for anything. Im really sorry this is happening but I wanted to set the record straight.
Thank you to all who gave good advice and sent prayers, it was appreciated!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM
I can't do that because they always find them. That's why I save money and shop Claire to Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was smart enough to buy presents all year round.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I tried the rice but I hadnt seen the phone get dropped in there so it wasnt just a quick dunk, at least 5 min of soaking:(

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you tried putting it in a ziplock bag or a bowl with rice? My friend dropped hers in the tub ( don't ask lol) and was able to save it that way. Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Like i said I need an IPHONE for work, its a requirement. They buy us the first one and then one per 2 years to upgrade. We all have iphones.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a less expensive phone? They do have free phones too

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh yea. I need it for my work and my youngest dropped it in a glass of water which isnt covered by the protection plan.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel ya, I can't afford gifts for my kids cuz my iphone died and i had to get a new one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM
How about you tell them if they purposely go looking then they dont get to keep them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't do that because they always find them. That's why I save money and shop Claire to Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM

call your local social services it may  not be to late for adopt a family program.... and ask them if they know of any where you may be able to get help.

iamfree
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:33 AM

God will only give you what you can handle.  am going thru a really rough time to since being laid off last month, the only gifts my kids are getting are from toys for tots. i feel so bad, they ask me "will santa bring alot of gifts this year mama?" I just say "we'll see sweetie".  it sucks but i now things will get better for us and for you too

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time too. I have faith that God will bring us through this, it's just rough right now. It's like Mother Teresa said " God never gives us more than we can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much". I will say a prayer for you and your family :)

Quoting iamfree:

God will only give you what you can handle.  am going thru a really rough time to since being laid off last month, the only gifts my kids are getting are from toys for tots. i feel so bad, they ask me "will santa bring alot of gifts this year mama?" I just say "we'll see sweetie".  it sucks but i now things will get better for us and for you too

momwith2monkeys
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM

or do what i did, put them in my closet and put a lock on the door, my kids know where we hide present but they also know they can't get to them.

Quoting Anonymous:

How about you tell them if they purposely go looking then they dont get to keep them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking.. Not everyone on the planet needs an iPhone and it sounds like the person who wrote the original comment is putting an expensive phone over their kids :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Uh yea. I need it for my work and my youngest dropped it in a glass of water which isnt covered by the protection plan.

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel ya, I can't afford gifts for my kids cuz my iphone died and i had to get a new one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM
and by "work" you mean hang out on cafemom all day....sorry kiddos to gifts for you little shits mommy needed her a biznizz fone

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM
I know right! Idk what job requires an iPhone and in that case they should replace it, but whatever, I feel bad for her kids though that's sad :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking.. Not everyone on the planet needs an iPhone and it sounds like the person who wrote the original comment is putting an expensive phone over their kids :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)