Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For all you mama's out there that drink wine...GET IN HERE ..pretty please :)

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM
  • 109 Replies

I want to start drinking wine to help me relax at the end of the day, hoping that it will help me sleep.

What's a good kind to buy????? 

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I like Chateau Ste. Michelle Reisling. It's light, sweet, and does the job. I'd suggest you start with the sweeter wines. The stronger stuff will just put you off at first. They are an acquired taste.

mama_of_tw0
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Ok thanks :)I got one last nite that was DISGUSTING!! It was a red wine. My friend bought one too, and hers was delicious. It kinda taste like sprite I guess haha..Her's was a white wine. I take it white wine is better than red?

Quoting DarksMama:

I like Chateau Ste. Michelle Reisling. It's light, sweet, and does the job. I'd suggest you start with the sweeter wines. The stronger stuff will just put you off at first. They are an acquired taste.

DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Sounds like you're a white wine gal. Reds are really hit and miss...there's a red that I actually like...it's made by Barefoot wine. I think it's the one that's just called Sweet Red. It had to be wicked cold though.

Also, try moscato. It's a sweet white dessert wine. (Don't serve it at brunch, you'll get crucified by the CM wine nazis. LMAO)

Quoting mama_of_tw0:

Ok thanks :)I got one last nite that was DISGUSTING!! It was a red wine. My friend bought one too, and hers was delicious. It kinda taste like sprite I guess haha..Her's was a white wine. I take it white wine is better than red?

Quoting DarksMama:

SevenKisses
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Here is a bump because my mom has been DIEING to do the same thing, she has tried a few random wines out and hated them - so I want to gift her a really good tasting and sweet wine she will like for Christmas :)

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I personally would start with a rose(blush). My favorite is domaine ott, if you can find it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I don't care for red wine. I drink chardonnay and moscato. And the only brand I buy is The Naked Grape. I've tried many wines and hated them all. I was never a wine drinker, but I tried The Naked Grape one night and loved it!
Lordgodempress
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM
4 moms liked this

I love a good moscato

RLT2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I always drink "Sale" . that's my favorite brand!

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting DarksMama:

This is my favorite! Have you tried the Limited Edition Harvest blend one? So yummy!

monkeyrhea
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM
I just started drinking wine at Thanksgiving. My MIL and I did a little wine tasting of our own.So far my favorite is Barefoot White Zinfandel. Tastes like juice!!!!! I wasn't a big fan of the red wine that we tried either. Oh....I.also liked Mascato :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN