Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gift Exchanges.

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 4 Replies

DD's kindergarten class is doing a gift exchange at school the price limit is $2.00. I have asked DD what she wants to get for the little girl whose name she drew and all she will tell me is that she wants to get her a brush and some hair accessories because it looks like she never brushes her hair. 

I am at a loss I dont want DD to give this little girl hair accessories and her not have a little toy or something while all the other kids do.

I thought about letting her pick out some hairbands ond also breaking out the sewing machine and making a little purse for her with material i have on hand or would that be cheating.

Follow my family at Van Doren Family Values

Follow my weight loss journey at Write Me Healthy

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Rach7224
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I dont think that would be cheating... and not that your dds intentions are bad im sure she means well, but if she wants to get her a brush because she never brushes her hair i would try not to do something that could bring up a problem if someone else says that about why she got a brush... kwim?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Go for it. Or call and talk to the teacher about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Well honestly? The parent maybe not have time do.hair. or maybe she only has dad. I would avoid hair stuff.
r_trent
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM

That's the dilemma I don't want to hurt the little girls feelings but I also don't want dd to feel like she doesn't have a say in what gift she gives either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN