Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

yay!....... for being poor....

Posted by   + Show Post

So this year since we didn't have enough money to buy our twins their "second christmas ornaments", I tried to make them. Now, I'm not martha stewart, but I'm okay with how they turned out!

Just a cup of four, half cup of salt and half cup of water! and cookie cutters. and baked them at 250 for two hours!

Maybe even something your could do with your children!!

-Melissa Juliet
vote for my blog pretty please! just click on " the best mom blogs" picture and your golden!
Thank you!
www.MePlusYouAndTWO.com

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
JLo1486
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
We did that too!

Quoting lalaboosh:

We made something like this in kindergarden, only we had cloves and spices so they smelled like cookies for a few years!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry--but no kid "NEEDS" $500-$1,000 worth of toys on ANY day of the year!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Please remember that not everyone who spends a lot of money or buys a lot of toys don't only focus on the gifting part of the holiday. Some just enjoy doing it.

Quoting Allebas:

This is what I remind myself  when we buy toys for our kids. We don't buy them a 'ton' of toys. I mean yes--they do get toys, but we don't go 'overboard' like some parents!! I've heard of parents spending $500-$1,000 per child for toys! I'm like REALLY? You want your kids to think Christmas is all about getting LOTS of new toys? Sorry--I am raising my kids to realize you do get some toys, but that remembering the reason 'why' we celebrate Christmas will always be way more important than the toys.

Quoting MJuliet:

I'm not sure why this made me cry, but im crying! Thank you, I needed to remember this!

Quoting Allebas:

AWW!! Those are ADORABLE!! You did a great job!! Remember--it isnt the material things that should matter at Christmas, its being with your loved ones and remembering the reason for the season. ( :  I hope things get better for you guys!! Hang in there!! {{HUGS!!}}

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Cute
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

One year we were so broke, tha ornaments were not in the budget either, so we did this.  My kids used a reindeer cookie cutter and a donut cutter.  The donut became a wreath and the "hole" became a dot.  My 2 year old son was fascinated with dots.  I still have those three ornaments to this day.  They are now 29, 32, and 34 years olld==my kids, that is.

mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Those are really cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivysMama
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Really cute and a really good idea :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Kids don't need toys period. I know, I had 1 toy my entire childhood. It still doesn't mean that the pepple who do that only think about the gifts. I enjoy showering my child with presents. We also donate our time and money to multiple charities. We celebrate nature, family, and friends. The gifts are a very small portion of what this holiday is about.

For the record, depending on what you purchase 500.00 isn't that much. 1 of my childs presents costs over half that.

Quoting Allebas:

Sorry--but no kid "NEEDS" $500-$1,000 worth of toys on ANY day of the year!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Please remember that not everyone who spends a lot of money or buys a lot of toys don't only focus on the gifting part of the holiday. Some just enjoy doing it.

Quoting Allebas:

This is what I remind myself  when we buy toys for our kids. We don't buy them a 'ton' of toys. I mean yes--they do get toys, but we don't go 'overboard' like some parents!! I've heard of parents spending $500-$1,000 per child for toys! I'm like REALLY? You want your kids to think Christmas is all about getting LOTS of new toys? Sorry--I am raising my kids to realize you do get some toys, but that remembering the reason 'why' we celebrate Christmas will always be way more important than the toys.

Quoting MJuliet:

I'm not sure why this made me cry, but im crying! Thank you, I needed to remember this!

Quoting Allebas:

AWW!! Those are ADORABLE!! You did a great job!! Remember--it isnt the material things that should matter at Christmas, its being with your loved ones and remembering the reason for the season. ( :  I hope things get better for you guys!! Hang in there!! {{HUGS!!}}

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Thy will love them more than anything you could have bought them especially when they grow up. They turned out cute. Dd and I are going to be makin some maybe this weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Cute. A nice tradition to start

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Thank you! Going to make some with my dd, niece, nephew n cousin's dd today. :-) Your kiddos are lucky to have a mommy who loves them so much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN